🫧 [ 21 ] 08/14/22 🫧

"changbinnie, sweetheart, you still there?"

"yeah... i just need some time to process, halmoni, i'm sorry..."

"of course, jagiya, call me whenever you're ready"

"mhm..."

"i love you, remember that"

"love you too"

that was it. changbin couldn't hold it any longer. tears started to run down his face.

he had always been the emotionally strongest one in their group. he wouldn't cry while watching k-dramas like lixie and jisung would, he hadn't been crying when he had been physically hurt since he was like 3 years old, hell, he hadn't even cried when his dog died!

yet, here he was. in his room in a small cottage on summer drama camp crying his eyes out. one would wonder why.

he felt like his world was falling apart with every tear that fell on the pillow he was currently hugging. he just hoped that none of his friends would find him in this state because it would be hard even for them. he was not ready to be faced with their worried faces. not today, not ever. but the tears just kept falling down and he couldn't stop them.

and he also hoped his fox-like crush/roommate particularly wouldn't find him. they were all on the beach right now and shouldn't be back in like a hour. that would give him enough time to calm himself.

"hyung, you wouldn't believe what jisung said!" the door bursted open and a happy face of no one else than yang jeongin popped into the room.

but his smile immediately dropped after witnessing the sight of the boy in front of him.

changbin frowned knowing that he had failed to protect jeongin from seeing him like this, but all he could do was making small invisible ball of himself. He pressed his knees to his chest and hided his face in the pillow he was hugging.

"dwaekki..." younger boy worriedly mummbled and sit on their bed not really knowing what to do to help.

"hey... do you want me to call one of the boys?"

"NO!" changbin exclaimed and looked at the other boy startled.

"it's too much even when you know" he wanted to wipe quickly his tears but failed because jeongin's thumbs were already wiping his cheeks as gently as possible, not to disturb the crying boy even more.

"changbinnie, please, don't shut yourself, they would just want to be there for you..."

"you don't understand... i'm the one who is always there for them, i can't seem weak. if i do, who else is there for them to rely on?" he confessed.

"like a streetlight...in the middle of a lonely night...trying to smile brightly" jeongin murmured to himself with realisation hitting him.

"what?" changbin heard only few words but was it-?

"at least let me be there for you. i'm not in your friend group so you have zero responsiblity for my emotional well-being, right?" fox boy tilted his head and the older one frowned.

"but i care about you..." changbin hiccuped between the words he squeezed.

"i care about you too, dwaekki. that's why i want to help. let me..." innie tried but the other boy shook his head in disagreement, his head still hidden in the pillow.

heyy, a little update for ya :)
those written parts are harder to write with english not being my first language, but i'm trying. part 2 is already coming, but i have a lot of school work also :( i'll try to finish it as soon as possible. u can guess in comments why is changbin so sad.
love yaa <3