🫧 [ 33 ] 08/18/22 🫧

"you wanna talk, foxie?" changbin asked after a while. he had heard somewhere that when faced with someone frightened by the storm, you should try to distract them by talking about random things.

jeongin finally stopped crying, with the older stroking his back and playing with his hair.

only when lightning illuminated their room and loud thunder was heard, he jerked with fear and hugged changbin even tighter. the brunet then mumbled few sweet nothings into his ear, and he would calm down after a while.

"remember the day you found me crying back in the middle school?"

"of course"

'the day i fell for you? i thought you had forgotten'

"the day before that was basically the worst day of my life... also the reason why i'm afraid of storms" he sighed.

"hey, you don't have to tell me about it if you don't want to. we can just chat about your favourite movies or about your hyungs, whatever you're comfortable with. i don't mind, really" changbin reassured him.

"no, i want to. i didn't tell you back then why i had broken down, so i want to tell you now" innie took a deep breath and started telling the story.

"it was a lovely summer day. i had been dating hyunjin-hyung for about two months at that time. we were watching the norwegian skam series together in my bed. the sunny day turned into a summer storm, and let's just say, after three hours of watching, we weren't just watching... my homophobic father burst through the door when i was having make out season with my so-called best friend"

"holy shit" the older gasped and stopped his movement, which caused that the blonde tensed up.

"it was not an ideal way to found out that your dad is homophobic as fuck"

'language, innie' the younger thought, because that's what his minho-hyung would say. but binnie wasn't like that or maybe he was, but he was still too shocked.

"jinnie threw himself in front of me, before my dad could beat me up. he was tossed to my drawers and it broke his rib. he couldn't dance for weeks after that"

"oh my god" the horror on changbin's face was more and more visible by every sentence.

"fortunately my mom came after my father had started yelling at us, that we're sick and not normal and all of the swear words he could think of" jeongin stayed quiet for a while with fresh tears forming in his eyes. few of them fell down his cheeks and brunet softly brushed them with his thumbs.

"she helped hyunjin-hyung got out of the house and shielded me from my father. i still remember her confident: 'if you want to beat up our son, you got to get through me first' and his: 'this filthy fag is not my son' he then stormed out from my room, shut himself in the basement drowning in alcohol. i was having a panick attack and the storm outside was just reflecting everything that happened. my dog went after hyunjin, so he didn't have to walk in the rain alone, but soon after they got there a lightning stroked to my dog. he died on the spot"

"oh, baby" binnie mumbled, hugging the younger even tighter.