CH 2

Many stores later, Kayla and Cecily finished shopping and Cecily is now packing her bag. Both girls decided that the earlier Cecily gets there the better.

"You know I'm going to miss you right?" Kayla says. Cecily looks at her with a smile.

"I'll miss you too, you know I will." Cecily says back. "Plus I'll get you to as many games as possible." Kayla smiles and rolls over in Cecily's bed.

...

10 DAYS LATER

"Hey, um I'm Cecily Perkins. I recently got a job with the media department." The boy at the desk looks at her and back down at his computer. He types for a minute or two before he looks back up.

"Victoria will be with you shortly." The boy smiles and gestures to a seat near the front desk. Cecily takes a seat and waits. Five minutes go by and a girl walks through the door across the room. She smiles brightly when she sees Cecily.

"You must be Cecily Perkins! It's so great to have you here. You'll be an amazing addition to the team." Victoria says. Cecily stands up and sticks out her hand. Victoria takes it and shakes it excitedly.

"It's great to be here, Mrs. Victoria." Cecily says with a smile.

"Oh, please call me Tory. Mrs. Victoria makes me seem so much older than I am." Cecily laughs a little before Victoria speaks again.

"Let me show you around." Victoria says as she walks away. Cecily follows and they walk through the door Victoria came out of.

...

The place wasn't as big as Cecily was expecting, meaning she didn't have very many places to memorize. They walk through double doors and are now standing around the ice. The team is already there practicing, as expected with the season being so close. Number 43 seems to notice her quicker than anyone else. She gives a slight wave as the boys go back to what they were doing.

"Where we are now is where you're going to be stationed for a few practices. People like to have some behind the scenes, alongside the coaches obviously." Both girls had an amazing spot to see the ice. Success was already something in Cecily's future.

"There is some paperwork you'll need to do, but other than that everything has been shown. Do you have your own camera?" Cecily nods.

"It's in my car, I didn't know if I needed it today." Cecily responds. Victoria nods.

"Just seeing if you had one. Now we can meet everyone else on the team. I'm sure you'll get along with them. They walk back through the doors and into a room just down the hall. Victoria opens the door and there are 3 other people. They all look up, some more amused than the others.

"Everyone this is Cecily. She's one of our new photographers." Victoria introduces her and there is a chorus of hellos back.

"I'm Adrian, I work on the posts for the social media accounts." A girl with short red hair says.

"I'm Daniel. I also do photography." A boy with curly brown hair says.

"And I'm Rowan. I edit photos and stuff." Cecily waves to everyone.

"It's nice to meet you all."

"Now we can go to my office and get the hard part out of the way." Victoria says. Cecily follows her to the room next door. Victoria sits at the desk and Cecily sits in the chair in front of the desk.

"This is the paperwork. It's mostly signatures and there are a few questions about your personal information." Victoria hands Cecily about five sheets of paper. Cecily grabs a nearby pen and starts to fill them out.

Daniel opens the door right when Cecily is done.

"Practice is over. Do you want us to do another question?" Victoria nods.

"Take Cecily with you. It would be good before tomorrow." Cecily gets up and follows Daniel into the hallway. Daniel takes out his phone and a tiny microphone.

"Oh my god, that's what you record with? It's so cute." Cecily says as she looks at the tiny microphone. Daniel laughs a little bit.

"Yeah, the small interviews aren't something we prioritize. Their mostly for the fans rather than the professional media." Cecily nods and Daniel stops walking.

"They're going to walk out from there and we ask them a few questions before they go. Usually stupid ones." Daniel says with a smile. Cecily nods. The first person walks out. He stops before us and takes the tiny mic.

"I'm Tyler." He says to Cecily.

"I'm Cecily." Daniel props his phone up on a shelf close to them and asks a question.

"Who would not not want to tape your stick?" He asks.

...

Another person walks out. He looks at Cecily then grabs the mic from Daniel.

"Who would you not want to tape your stick?" Daniel asks. Another player walks into the hallway.

"Well, I don't even tape my own-"

"His daddy tapes them." The second player says. He waves at daniel and Cecily before walking past them.

"Oh shut up Quinn."  The boy with the microphone says. Daniel laughs a little bit and Cecily smiles and looks down.

"I think that gives us an answer." Daniel laughs. The boy nods and hands back the mic.

"I'll see you later Danny, see you new girl." The player waves as he walks off. Daniel and Cecily wave back. Daniel turns to Cecily.

"I'm assuming you'll be starting tomorrow?" Daniel asks as he starts to walk back to the media room. Cecily nods for what could be the millionth time today.

"Yeah. I don't know what I'm doing though." Cecily answers. They made it to the door and Daniel opens it for her.

"Thank you." Cecily walks in and Victoria is there. She turns her head to meet Cecily's gaze and she smiles.

"So? The ending questions are pretty easy huh?"

"Seems like it."

...

On Cecilys walk to her apartment she stopped in a coffee shop named The Laughing Bean Coffee. As she walked in and got in line she reconzied the person who was currently paying for their coffee. As he turned around he saw her too. He smiled and she smiled back.

"Your the new girl right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm Cecily." Cecily said. She never got a good look at him, but now that she did he was much prettier in person than in the photos. She felt heat rise to her cheeks and she looked away for a moment before looking back.

"I'm Quinn, but I guess you already know that." Quinn said with a lopsided smile. God was his smile beautiful. Someone coughed behind them and Cecily look at the now disappeared line in-front of her. She muttered a sorry to the person behind her and a goodbye to Quinn. He walked out of the door and Cecily let out a breath before speaking her order.

When Cecily got to the counter to pay and receive her order she pulled out a $10 bill and set it on the counter. She said thank you and walked away. She knew she overpaid for the coffee, but she couldn't get herself to calm down. Her hands were shaking and she knew it wasn't because of the slight chill in the air.

...

When she arrived home, she finally had a chance to look at her phone and answer all her text and calls. She first answered her parents and told them she had a good first day and that everything was amazing. Then she called Kayla.

"How was it? Are they better looking in person?" Kayla rushed through her sentence. Cecily laughed and then immediately blushed again.

"Quinn is definitely cuter in person." Cecily said with a giggle. She could practically hear Kayla roll her eyes.