CH 6

It was currently morning skate and the media team was prepping for the game. Cameras were being set up and questions were being prepared. Cecily was surprised she didn't feel overwhelmed. Maybe it was because she was with her friends, or maybe it was because she was at her home, the ice rink.

The first half of the Canucks game was over and Cecily was jobbed with interviews for a few players. The first player she had to interview was from the opposite team. She interviewed Auston Matthews.

"So far, how do you plan to potentially win this game against the canucks?" A basic question, bit most of the time a good one. Auston smiled at her and began to talk.

"Well I think we just need to keep up what we're doing. We've played some good offense and even better defense so hopefully it'll carry us through to the end." Auston was patient with Cecily as she stuttered over a couple words in her next question. As the interview ended and the cameras cut she immediately spoke.

"I'm so sorry if that was the worst interview you've ever had. This is my first time interviewing and I don't have any backup." She explained. Auston gave her a charming smile.

"Everything was perfect. I've been through worse interviews, trust me. I need to get going now, but I'll talk to you later, yeah?" Auston asked as he slowly walked away.

"Yeah, sure." Cecily flashed a smile. For a last minute interview Quinn walked up to her.

QUINN'S PERSPECTIVE

Quinn walked up to Cecily who was holding a heavy looking microphone. She smiled at him and he smiled back. He was taken aback from the comfort he felt with her even after he scared her off the other day.

"How do the Canucks plan to stay in the lead with this upcoming period?" Cecily asks. Quinn looks down with a smile before looking back up.

"Well we need to keep our defense sharp. If we can prevent the leafs from scoring it'll be even easier to maintain our lead." Quinn answers. Two questions later they cut the cameras and Cecily starts to head back to her guide.

"Hey Cec?" Quinn calls out. Cecily turns around and nods.

"I'm sorry about the other night. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, it just slipped an-" Cecily cuts Quinn off.

"It's okay. Seriously. Now go out there and score us a couple points." Quinn smiles as Cecily walks off, him later doing the same.

CECILY'S PERSPECTIVE

As both teams prepare to head back out to the ice Cecily gets a notification .

(Auston Matthews) followed you on Instagram!

Maybe he really does want to talk later.

Does Quinn have some completion? I'm sorry this took forever to come out. I've hit a writers block to this book only and I swear this short aye chapter took two days to write.