CH 18

"She was scared, Jack. I didn't know what to do." Quinn sighed over the phone. Jack and Quinn were talking about the recent events with Cecily. Quinn had asked if something like that had ever happened with Jack. It didn't.

"Quinn, I don't know what to tell you. I mean, I do, but not from experience." Jack said with a serious tone. Quinn listened.

"You didn't do anything wrong. If she's not comfortable, stop and talk to her. She loves you, she'll let you know whats wrong." And she did. She asked Quinn if he liked what he saw and there was zero lie in his response. Clearly she didn't like what she saw.

"I have to go Quinn, text me if you need anything else. I'm open to talk about anything." Jack said before he hung up and Quinn was left with his own thoughts. Cecily was at work. She hadn't texted or called him for a day or two since what happened. Quinn was practically eating himself alive.

CECILY PERKINS

Hi, Cecily.
(10:21AM)

Wanna do lunch over
your break?
(11:34AM)

Do you want to come
over after work?
(1:22PM)

Cecily please don't ignore me
(2:43PM)

Call me when you can,
I miss you.
(4:29PM)

Quinn didn't know what he did wrong. He knew her phone was charged because everytime he called it wouldn't go straight to voicemail. Cecily would just let it ring. Quinn wished her phone was dead. He would be able to distract himself from the fact that she didn't want to talk to him. He'd be able to stop texting her.

...

Quinn waited all night. He almost thought about missing practice in case she could come over, but yet she worked during the practice.

"Daniel, where is Cecily. She wasn't answered any of my text or calls." Quinn asked, harsher than he meant to be. Daniel nodded before answering.

"I was just with her. She's been in her office all day and she just called me in to look over a few things." Daniel said with a smile. Quinn nodded and turned away from Daniel, walking to the locker room.

She's been busy. That's all.

Quinn checked the time before getting on his gear. He had 10 minutes to spare. He had time to go find her and make it back.

Quinn rushed past players and coaches to get to the office side of the building. He found Cecily's office fairly quickly. He didn't knock before he swung open the door. Cecily looked up from her computer with wide eyes.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Quinn said. Cecily looked back down at her computer.

"I'm working right now, Quinn. Please go to practice." Quinn's heart shattered into a million little pieces, but he'd never let her know that.

"Cecily. I've been texting and calling you all day. Why couldn't you take a 10 second break to answer me?" Quinn questioned her, but his voice wavered and it sounded more like pleading. Cecily sighed looked back up at Quinn. She didn't say anything.

"Cecily. You know you can tell me anything. I love you and no matter what you say, I will always love you." Quinn walked closer to her desk and he grabbed her hand, holding it. Cecily wanted to pull away from him, but she didn't. She let herself go as the warmth of Quinn's hands calmed her.

"I don't know why, Quinn. I just did. It feels like I did something wrong and I just... I don't know." Cecily's eyes never looked back to Quinn.

"If this is about the other night... it's okay. You've done nothing wrong and I promise you saying no was the right thing to do." Quinn said with a small smile. Cecliy nodded. Quinn brought her hand to his lips and then set it back down and let her go.

"I have to go back to practice. Promise me you'll be here when I'm done. I'll drive you to my house and we can talk through anything you want." Quinn said. Cecily nodded.

"I'll be here." Cecily whispered. Quinn left the room and went back to practice.

A/N: i know quinn is the type of guy to never put someones contact name as a nickname. And this is so short because I don't know where the story is going. I want Cecily to go to the lake house and everything, but I don't want to write this book any longer than I have too yk?