CH 21

5 MONTHS LATER

Quinn and Cecily sat next to each other on the boat. Trevor, Alex, Jack, Luke, and a few others crowded around them as they drove around the lake. Quinn's eyes trained on Cecily. Her eyes caught his. All they did was stare. Quinn opened his mouth to speak.

"Cecily, will you-"

"Cecily, Quinn! Come jump in with us!" Trevor yells. Quinn huffed at being interrupted, but agreed anyways. He'd ask her later. At a better moment.

Cecily interlocked her fingers with Quinn as he stood at the end of the boat with her. She look at him with a most beautiful smile Quinn's ever seen, before jumping in with him to join everyone else.

...

Cecily laughed with everyone as they played pool. No one cared about the game, they just wanted to talk to each other like the couldn't during the hockey season. Quinn watched as Cecily talked with his mom.

He only wanted to ask her more now.

Ellen let Cecily go join the rest of the boys, but by the look on Cecily's face, she was having fun just talking to Quinn's mom. It's all he could ask from her. He knew they were talking about when he was little, but he didn't care. Cecily is family now, and if not now, she will be soon.

"Cec, try this beer." Jack said when he got done grimacing. Cecily scoffed and shook her head.

"You really think that after that look I'm trying that beer? No thank you." Cecily smiled. Jack sighed as he got up to dump the beer out in the bathroom sink. Cecily quickly took his spot on the couch, right next to Cole. Quinn didn't mind how close she was with Cole, he trusted her.

Jack came back and instantly dragged her out of the seat, a smile on both of their faces as Jack sat back down again. Cecily looked to her left and then to her right, spotting Quinn of to the side of everyone else. She walked over to him and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"What are you doing all by yourself?" Ceciy asked as Quinn put an arm around her. He smiled at her.

"Just admiring you." He said. Then they did it again. They stared at each other. If anyone were to look over they'd see how in love with each other they are. Then the words were on the tip of Quinn's tongue.

"Cecily, I-" Quinn stops. Maybe it's too early. They've been together for a little over a year.

"Yeah?" She asks, her soft expression calming Quinn as he looked at her.

"I know this might seem unreal at first, but..." He pauses so he could take his hands in hers.

"Would you do me the honor of marrying me?" He asks. Her eyes widen and Quinn watches as they gloss over. She starts nodding her head yes before closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around Quinn's next.

"Of course I'll marry you." Cecily whispers. Quinn sighs of relief when she fianlly says it. Cecily pulls back and laughs.

"Did you really think I'd say no?" She says with a smile. Quinn shakes his head, the same smile appearing on his face.

"I just thought you'd say it was really early to even be thinking about this." He said. Cecily shrugs.

"Nothing his too early when you're in love." Cecily says. Quinn nods.

"Now you really need to move in with me." Quinn says.

"You're moving in with Quinn?" Jack asks. Cecily nods. Quinn smirks as he looks over.

"We're getting married too." He says. That was the last moment of silence before everyone in the basement starts screaming.

"Ellen they're getting married!" Cole yells. Ellen laughs with a nods. Little did anyone know, she knew the entire time. She knew it was going to happen today because she was the only one Quinn would talk about this with.

"Can I see the ring?" Luke asks. Then Quinn's smile breaks before rebuilding itself.

"I didn't really plan on asking... so that means no ring." Everyone awes. Ellen then disappears from the room and quick comes back, walking over to Quinn and Cecily.

"I forgot we had this here. I brought it this summer just in case." Ellen says before showing the couple a beautiful golden ring.

"If you'd like it, I can be your engagement ring." Ellen says. Cecily opens her hand for her to place the ring in and a tears falls from her eyes.

"It's so beautiful, Ellen. Thank you." She says before slipping it on. Perfect fit. Quinn couldn't be any happier right now. Cecily pulls out her phone and backs away from Quinn.

"Trying to take engagement photos without the groom?" Quinn laughs. Cecily shakes her head and speaks. She snaps a photo and quickly looks at it. Quinn takes the phone to take a photo of Cecily.

"Pose for me next time." Cecily says before smiling for her own photo.

"Anything for you." Quinn responds. Cecily smiles before being dragged into a bonecrushing hug from Jack.

...

"The first time I saw you was all I needed to fall inlove with you." Quinn says. Him and Cecily had agreed to one sentence vows because it would make their wedding special. One sentence to say everything you've wanted to for the last year and a half.

"You know I'll always love you." Cecily says, a warm smile on her lips as she looks at the man in front of her.

"You may kiss the bride." Cecily's hands fly to Quinn's face as she brings her lips to his. His hands flie to hold her lower back. Everyone cheers for the newlyweds and as they pull away a camera snaps. Cecily looks over a Quinn before nodding towards the camera.

"Pose."

THE END