CH 5

Cecily walked into Victoria's office where she was waiting.

"Cecily... good to see you." Victoria greeted as she held a hand out to the chair in front of her desk. Cecily sat down.

"It's nice to see you too. Um, why was I brought in today? It's an off day for me." Cecily asked. Victoria shook her head and crossed her hands together on her desk.

"There's been some news spreading lately about you and Quinn. I either need you to tell me what's going on or either you will have a small setback in your job until it clears up, or Quinn will have to answer for you." Victoria said with all seriousness.

"There's nothing romantic about anything. We're just friends." Cecily said. Victoria eyed her, but nodded anyway.

"Yes, sorry about calling you today. I'll see you tomorrow." Victoria said as she excused Cecily. Cecily waved on her way out and then pulled out her phone to check the time. Instead she had a message from Brock.

yo where you at

I'm leaving the rink right now.
Victoria needed to clear up some things.

k were at my car

Gotcha.

Cecily walked out to the parking lot and straight to Brock's car, which she only know was his because Quinn was also getting into the car. Her cheeks flushed at the sight of him. He was breathtaking no matter what he did. He looked back at her and she put on a bright smile and waved. He smiled back and got into the car. Cecily got to the car and opened the backseat door on the drivers side.

"Hey guys." Cecily said as she got into the car. She pulled on the seatbelt and clicked it into place.

"What's up?" Brock asked, slightly turning around to look at her. Cecily shrugged and looked at Brock through the mirror. Quinn seemed extremely awkward, the result of the conversation the other day.

"Victoria just needed input on some stuff regarding the picture." Lie

"I thought you were getting fired already." Brock said with a small laugh as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"I thought I was too. It's not everyday you get called into your bosses office for advice on a picture." Cecily says. She didn't want to lie about what Victoria said, but the air between her and Quinn didn't need to be thicker.

"Anyways, what are we going to do?" Cecily asked. Brock shrugged and turned to Quinn. Quinn looked at Brock and then back at Cecily, his gaze trailed on her for a second to long.

"I'm in the mood for ice cream right now.." he said. Quinn looked back at Brock.

"Actually, me too." Brock said, not noticing the tension between the two. Cecily didn't know why Quinn was acting so weird. It's like he's never flirted with a girl before. A few minutes later Brock pulled up to a small ice cream shop and parked the car.

"Here we are!" Brock said getting out the car and waiting for everyone else to follow suit. The two got out of the car and walked inside with Brock walking ahead of them. They looked at a few flavors of ice cream and Brock gasped.

"Quinn get this one. It has liquor in it." Brock said as he pointed at the ice cream. Quinn shrugged. He couldn't get too drunk off ice cream right? Wrong.

Cecily brought Quinn to her apartment that night because he was drunk. Walking was fine, but he couldn't speak with any sense. If drunk words are sober thoughts, this man is crazy. He was acting like a child.

Cecily sat down with him on the couch as he set down a glass of water. He looked over at cecily. The two of them just gazing at each other. Until Quinn spoke.

"I guess I could get drunk off of ice cream." Cecily just hummed. Their gazes were still trained on each other when Quinn spoke again.

"I really want to kiss you right now." Cecily's eyes widened and she look down at the floor in front of her. She coughed and stood up.

"Hey, um it's getting late. I'm going to head to bed. If you need anything just come get me." Cecily took off to her room and Quinn waited a second before groaning and putting his head in his hands.

QUINNS PERSPECTIVE

Why did I say that? Why couldn't that just remain a thought in my head? This is why I don't drink a lot.

Quinn laid down on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

I messed up everything didn't I?