CH 4

Oh my god.

Cecily froze as she looked at her phone. Quinn Hughes followed her. Brock Boeser followed her. Quinn Hughes MESSAGED her. He practically slid into her DMs. She opened her phone and clicked on Instagram. She opened Quinn's message.

QUINN HUGHES

Hi Cecily.

What was she expecting? A hello was the most normal thing for a person to say, but Cecily wished he would have said more.

hi quinn.

She responded to Quinn with a simple hello, hoping he would start the conversation. The moment she put her phone down she wanted to check it again. But she knew there was nothing. Instead, she messages Brock.

BROCK BOESER

hey brocky-wocky

hi cecily-wessely
what's up?

nothing, im just bored rn.

didn't quinn message you?
he said he did

yeah he did.
honestly wasn't expecting it either.

why not?
aren't you and quinn friends?

yeah, but not as good friends as we are.

i kinda guessed that
brb

Brock had to leave and Cecily was left there thinking about the pointless conversation. Quinn let Brock know that he messaged her. She decided to message again.

did you need something?

Typing...

He's actually going to respond this time. Cecily watched the typing bubble, but then it went away. Cecily frowned and put down her phone. But, then it dinged. Quinn really needs to make up his mind.

No, but I was wondering if you'd want to
go out with me and Brock later this week?

She read through half of the text. Cecily's eyes widened, then she read the rest of the sentence. Oh. Quinn, her, and Brock. Not just her and Quinn.

ill be there
when this week?

You've been added into a new group!

okay, we are hanging out tomorrow after practice.
You might need to work, but whenever you're able you can come.

yeah sure.

Cecily got up and walked to her wardrobe. She had to look good. She pulled out a pair of jeans and a nice-ish t-shirt. It will do. She laid the clothes overtop her desk chair and laid back down on her bed. She played on her phone she got another message from Quinn.

we have our first game soon. you are going to be there right?

i don't really have a choice.
but even if i did i'd come watch you guys anyways.

are you conducting any interviews?

tory said maybe a few.

make sure you interview me.

picking favorites now are we?

of course.

Cecily's jaw fell open. She wanted to scream and roll around. Quinn was choosing favorites and it was her.

QUINN'S POV

Quinn felt heat rise to his cheeks as he sent that message. He watched as Cecily typed, but then stopped. He scared her off. Quinn sighed and turned off his phone. Now he didn't want her to interview him; he wouldn't be able to avoid the awkwardness.