CH 9

Auston was flying back to Toronto today. Cecily had to admit she was sad they'd be apart again, but she was happy he was leaving too. The two walked into the airport together. Auston just had a carry on since he can apparently fit his life into a bag. He turned to face Cecily.

"I'll tell you when I land, okay?" He said. Cecily nodded. Cecily sighed and looked down.

"I don't know if this is going to hurt your feelings or not, but there's something I need to tell you Auston." Cecily said, finally looking into his eyes. Auston had a confused look on his face but he was still smiling.

"Yeah?" He said.

"I don't want to be anything more than just friends with you." Cecily said. She honestly thought Auston was going to be upset, but he seemed okay.

"Got it. Dating is off the charts. I'm glad you told me now and not later or else I might actually be upset about it." Auston said with a small laugh.

"I have to get going now though." He said. Cecily reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"We'll see each other when we play the Canucks again." Auston said.

"Goodbye, Auston." Cecily said as they started to pull away.

"Goodbye, Cecily." Auston said. Auston started to walk away and Cecily stood there until he was out of sight. He's a really good friend. Victoria then texted her about meeting up and talking about the news. They were meeting at the rink and instead of in her office, they were going to watch practice. Cecily started her way back to her car.

When Cecily showed up to the rink Victoria was waiting for her.

"Hey." Cecily said. Victoria looked up from her phone.

"Hello, Cecily. Let's go." Victoria said as she started to walk away. The pair walked into the ice rink and sat down a couple rows from the glass.

"This is the second time we've needed to talk about something like this." Victoria said while not even looking at Cecily.

"And both times there's been nothing romantic going on. Me and Auston are friends. Strictly friend. I told him dating was off limits when he left today." Cecily said. Victoria turned her head to face Cecily.

"You broke Quinn's heart Cecily." Victoria said. Cecily's eyes widened and she looked back to the glass. Their practices weren't entertaining at all, but Cecily couldn't look at Victoria right now.

"Brock and Elias have been talking about him to me. He hasn't been himself lately." Victoria said. Cecily felt like she was going to cry. Out of everyone she could have hurt, it had to be him.

"I'm not saying you need to do everything you can to make it better, but you need to talk to him." Victoria said. Cecily nodded.

"I will, promise." Cecily said. Victoria stood from her chair.

"Well, that's all then. I'll see you tomorrow." Victoria said. Cecily said goodbye and stayed seated. She looked back to the team and instantly found Quinn. His eyes were on her already. Cecily smiled a little bit and waved at him. He just nodded and turned away.

Practice was over, it's actually been over for an hour and Cecily was now standing outside of Quinn's apartment. Cecily just couldn't muster up the courage to knock on the door. Eventually someone started walking down the hallways and she didn't want to seem like a weirdo so she had to knock. When she did her heart rate picked up a ton and her hands started shaking. She's never been this nervous before. The door opened and Quinn was standing there with wet hair like he just got out of the shower.

"Cecily?" He said. He wasn't good at hiding his emotions so she could tell he was definitely hurt because of Auston.

"Hi Quinn. We need to talk." Cecily said. Quinn just stood there for a second before moving out of the way to let Cecily in. She walked in and Quinn closed the door. He walked over to the couch and sat down. Cecily took a deep breath before sitting down too.

"I'm sorry, Quinn. I also don't know exactly what I'm apologizing for, but I know I've done something to hurt you." Cecily said before taking another breath. Quinn seemed like he wanted to say something but Cecily kept going.

"Victoria said she overheard Brock and Elias talking about how you've been different lately." Cecily said. Quinn looked down.

"If you want to know why, I'll tell you." Quinn said. His eyes were still trained on the ground when Cecily nodded.

"You went out with Auston and it broke my heart. I like you Cecily and I know I can't control who you date, but gosh it just hurts." Quinn said. He brought his hands up to his face and groaned. Cecily moved closer to Quinn and grabbed his arms, pulling his hands away from his face. She then slid her hands into his and spoke.

"I'm not dating Auston. We're strictly friends, no feelings at all." Cecily said with a smile on her face. Something changed him. He seemed happier, and Cecily noticed how he looked at her. Kayla was right. His eyes were sparkling. And before Cecily knew what was going on Quinn was leaning into her and his lips met hers.

oh my god it's happening! should I make them have their happily ever after or drag it on a little more?