CH 14

"I love you." Is what Quinn wanted to say. He knew they'd been together for almost two months, but it was way too early for Cecily to want to say it back right? Yeah, it is. Quinn's liked Cecily for about 4 months and to some people, that's not enough time to even think about saying I love you. But either way, Quinn wanted to. He loved how Cecily was scared when he almost got extremely hurt.

As Cecily walked back to her spot in the stands she thought about Quinn. She was glad he was okay, but there was something up with him. He was much more touchy and in-love with her. It was scary for Cecily to think about. Quinn loving her was a lot on her part for the small amount of time they've been together. She also didn't 100% know if Quinn loved her. Cecily believed in love at first sight and that's exactly what she thought was happening between her and Quinn.

Before she knew it, Cecily was back in her seat talking with Ellen and Jim. She told them how Quinn was just a little woozy, but nothing serious was wrong with him. Ellen was visibly relieved and Jim was... Jim.

The game continued and the Canucks ended up losing 4-2. Quinn wasn't too excited about losing to his brothers, but it was something that he couldn't control by himself. Jack was ecstatic about their win. He kept talking about it when he would see Quinn. Luke on the other hand treated it like a normal win. He was happy about it, but he wasn't excessive when it came to talking about it.

"Me and Cecily are going to head home if you guys would like to come with." Quinn said to his family. Ellen looked to Jim and he nodded.

"We'll follow you there. Jack, Luke? Choose a car to go in if you would like to come with also." Luke went with his parents and Jack went with Quinn and Cecily. The entire ride was just Jack talking about their win and his goals. Quinn was visibly annoyed. He was gripping the wheel with all of his might and he just looked pissed at the world.

"And then I-" Jack was interrupted.

"Can you be quiet for just a minute? I get that you won, Jack. It's all everyone's talking about and I don't need to hear it from you." Quinn said with a frown. Cecily noticed how upset he was. But maybe he was just overwhelmed. Either way, Cecily was going to do her best to make him happy.

The car ride was silent for the rest of the way. Cecily didn't mind, she was happy to have Jack quiet.

...

Quinn's family had left and that meant it was time for the two to go to sleep.

"Are you going to stay with me or are you going home?" Quinn asked as Cecily pulled off Quinn's jersey.

"I was planning on staying." Cecily said. Quinn nods.

"I'm sorry about the outburst in the car. Jack just got on my nerves." Quinn spoke softly. Cecily hummed as walked to the boy. She put her arms around his neck and his hands instantly went to her hips.

"I think that if you haven't already, you should tell that to Jack." Cecily smiled softly. Quinn nodded at her.

"I already did. He was just being a brother. Teasing me until I need him to shut up." Quinn smiled. Cecily laughed slightly.

"I know how you feel." Cecily said. Then she started thinking about her own brother, the one that wasn't anywhere near her. She felt a longing to be with him, that feeling growing every single day. Quinn picked up on her sudden sadness.

"You want to see your family don't you?" Quinn asked quietly. Cecily nodded.

"I've never been away from them like this. It feels like they are on the other side of the world and they kind of are." Cecily's frown only increased.

"Victoria would let you visit them for a week or two. And if she doesn't, if we ever play in Chicago they could drive down." Quinn says. Cecily thinks for a moment.

"I'm going to see when we play Chicago. If I leave we'll be down a person and I'd feel guilty about that." Cecily said with a soft smile.

"I get to meet your family right?" Quinn asked with a grin. Cecily nodded.

"Not to sure if they remember I have a boyfriend though. They've been so used to me never having one." Cecily laughed. Quinn chuckled.

"I'm glad I get to change that." Quinn said with a smile. He leaned down and kissed Cecily. Cecily kissed back. She pulled away with a nervous look on her face.

"Don't provoke my brother or anything... he's really protective sometimes." Cecily said with a nervous laugh. Quinn shrugs.

"I play hockey, babe. I can handle one brother. It's not like he's Sidney Crosby or something." Cecily smiled guiltily. Quinn's fun facade dropped.

"He's not actually Crosby is he?" Quinn asked. Cecily laughed slightly.

"What, no! My brother is actually a football player, a pretty good one actually. He's playing for St. Amborse, QB1 and everything... So he knows how to throw a punch pretty hard." Cecily said with a smile. She saw how Quinn's smile flattered slightly, but he quickly composed himself and acted confident.

"And I play hockey, a game where you're applauded for throwing punches." Quinn said. Cecily shrugged.

"I wouldn't say applauded... and if you ever throw a punch in a game, you better win so I don't die from nervousness." Cecily whispered. Quinn gave her a soft smile and grabbed her hand from around his neck. He raised her hand he to his face and softly kissed the side of where her hand and wrist met.

"We have nothing to worry about, okay? Meeting you're parents will go well, I promise." Quinn said softly. Cecily felt her heart pound in her chest. Everything was so quiet she thought Quinn could hear it too. Everything suddenly became so intimate between the two of them. The kiss on the wrist was such a harmful action, but it was so love-filled that Cecily didn't know what to do with herself.

"I love you." Cecily whispered just quiet enough that she was the only one who heard it. Or so she thought. Quinn's cheeks flushed with a dark red as Cecily pulled herself into his body. She gave the boy a hug and he quickly returned it. He wrapped one arm around the small of her back and the other pressed on the back of her head.

"I love you too." Quinn whispered back. He proceeded to press a kiss to the top of the girl's head before she pulled away and started into Quinn's bedroom to go to sleep.