The final wreck-ening

Alex's POV 

Confessional 

Alex: So. I'm in the finale. it's honestly... kinda unbelievable! Who would have thought that a brainiac theater kid like me would have made it to the finale of a... very weird season of this show? 

End 

"Good morning finalists! Meet me in the forest clearing and get ready to diet!" Chris said. 

Um, what? 

"Sorry, typo. Ready to die!" Chris corrected himself. 

Yeah, that sounds more like Chris. Clearly illegal, probably going to get chewed out by the lawyers for it later. 

Zoe, Mike and I stared walking towards the forest clearing. 

Mike started talking to Zoe. 

"Thanks again for bringing me to the finale. I know things have been-" he said, before she cut him off. 

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for Mike. And you can drop the act!" Zoe snapped. 

Erm... 

what? 

Mike shook his head a few times, making his hair fall in front of his eyes. 

"Oh, what a relief!" he exclaimed, sounding really, really weird "Pretending to be that boring was really getting to me. What did you see in him?" he asked Zoe. 

"I'll take boring Mike over evil Mal any day." Zoe snapped. 

"Oh, Zoe. Don't you get it yet? There's no longer a choice." Mike or Mal or whatever said "Mike. Is. Gone. And he's never coming back." 

He laughed evilly and walked off. 

"Soooo, I take it that he's been taken over by a personality?" I asked Zoe. 

"Yeah..." she sighed "Alex, do you think Mike's really never coming back?" 

"No, that's just what Mal wants you to believe." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder "Mike's still there, and if anyone can coax him out, it's you." 

"Thanks Alex. Good luck today!" Zoe smiled. 

"You too." I responded. 

We got to the forest clearing. 

"Congratulations on making it to the final three. It's something you'll regret for the rest of your lives. Which will likely be rather short since this final challenge is so vicious, so brutal, so savage!" Chris said. 

Zoe and I gasped

"That the lawyers said we had to change it!" Chris finished. 

Zoe and I sighed in relief. 

"So you turned down the danger level by like... at least twenty percent?" I asked. 

"Nope. But we told them we did." Chris laughed, before turning to Chef "High five!" 

"People gonna die." Chef said bluntly. 

"Yeah. Those people." Chris said, pointing at us. "Combatants! Choose your weapons!" he said. 

A curtain was dropped, revealing an assortment of weapons. 

"So, what'll it be? Meatball launcher, bow and blunt tipped arrows, a leech gun, a slingshot, a- why is there an oven mitt there?" Chris asked. 

"There was an extra hook." Chef said, taking the oven mitt off it's hook. 

Mal grabbed the meatball bazooka, Zoe grabbed the bow and arrows, I took the leach gun.