5

After A'Yuan fell asleep, Xichen let the little boy sleep on his bed for the time being so the adults could talk.

"So what theory did you have?" Xichen asked.

"Well, Jin Guangshan has always wanted to get his hands on my Yin Hu Fu. As soon as a fight broke out, him and Jin Guangyao left Nightless City. I am not necessarily pointing fingers at Jin Guangyao but I am at Jin Guangshan but I can't really see him wanted his son and nephew dead," Wuxian said.

"It was Jin Guangyao who suggested to have you come to the celebration if you handed over your amulet," Wangji said, "if you think about it, both Jin Heirs are now dead and Jin Ling is still a baby. Who is next in line of something happens to Jin Guangshan?"

Wei Wuxian sighed, "now his life is threatened if that is the case. Including Jin Ling's but I think he is with Jiang Cheng...I don't know what happened to him and Jin Ling. I am not sure if I want to know. I can't face Jiang Cheng right now, especially with what happened to..."

"Wei Ying, it will be alright. You are allowed to mourn her," Wangji told him, "she took a sword for you."

"When I saw her life leaving her eyes it was like I didn't care about myself anymore. Before our misunderstandings were cleared up, I felt like I lost everything...and I'll never see her again," Wuxian said as tears fell.

Wangji pulled Wuxian into a hug, "I am here," he said trying to comfort him.

Wuxian nodded. Wangji and Wuxian needed some rest so Wangji carried A'Yuan to the Jingshi with Wuxian beside them. There was another bedroom for A'Yuan so Wangji placed A'Yuan there and then tended to his husband. Wei Wuxian was calmer then usual but Wangji felt that was Wuxian's new personality.

Wangji got fresh robes for Wuxian and helped him change into night robes. Wangji then changed before relaxing beside Wuxian. Wuxian soon enough climbed on Wangji's lap and wrapped himself around him. His arms around his neck and his legs were around Wangji's waist.

"It's alright, I am here," Wangji said hugging him.

"You and A'Yuan are all I have left. Baoshan if she will be okay with visits. I'm in so much pain Lan Zhan. I can't stop seeing her," Wuxian said.

Wangji started humming what he sang in Xuanwu's cave. He then began to run his fingers through Wuxian's hair. With the soothing sound of Wangji's humming and his fingers running through his hair, Wuxian calmed down and was asleep within minutes. Wangji carefully adjusted Wuxian so he could lay down holding Wuxian. Wuxian just unconsciously clung onto him tightly, like his life depended on it.

By morning, Wangji woke at his normal time and saw that A'Yuan had even woken up, "why are you up?" Wangji asked in a whisper.

"Uncle Xichen has been waking me up for lessons. Am I still doing them?" A'Yuan asked.

"If you would like to," Wangji replied.

"I do, I made a friend, his name is Jingyi. He is nice," A'Yuan said.

"Did you need help with your robes?" Wangji asked.

A'Yuan shook his head and went to go get dressed. Wuxian was woken up by the smell of food lingering in the Jingshi. He got up and dressed and went to the main room to see A'Yuan up and in little Gusu Lan Sect robes.

"A'Yuan looks so cute," Wuxian said.

A'Yuan giggled as he shoved some food in his mouth.

"Oh, pardon me, no talking while dining," Wuxian said as he went over to Wangji, "morning Love."

Wangji smiled at him, "good morning, I have food prepared for you too."

"The esteemed Hanguang Jun can cook?" Wuxian questions.

"I learned a while back," Wangji said, "wanted to make sure Wei Ying liked the food. I know you do not like the bland taste of the dining hall food. I learned for you."

"I love you, you know that," Wuxian said hugging him, "thank you."

Wangji kissed his cheek, "Anything for my Wei Ying...now go eat."

"Before I do that, not that I don't mind but is A'Yuan going somewhere soon?" Wuxian asked.

"Xiongzhang has him in some classes. He also made a friend named Jingyi," Wangji replied.

"I'd like to meet his friend sometime soon," Wuxian said and he looked at A'Yuan who finished eating, "do you like your classes?"

"I do," A'Yuan said and went to hug Wei Ying, "I missed you Baba."

Wuxian smiled, "I missed you too, but I am home now."

"Uncle Xichen will be here soon," A'Yuan said.

Wuxian nodded and sat down to eat. And right on cue, Xichen had arrived to the Jingshi to pick up A'Yuan.

"Since you two have officially adopted him, he needs a courtesy name so we can add him to our registry," Xichen said.

"Sizhui," Wangji replied, "Lan Sizhui."

"Sizhui...longing, I love it," Wuxian said and looked at A'Yuan, "do you like it A'Yuan?"

"I do," A'Yuan answered, "Can we go now?"

Xichen smiled, "of course, someone is excited for today."

"Of course," A'Yuan said and left with Xichen. After he left Wuxian and Wangji ate in silence before discussing some things. Xichen returned to them before they even started to discuss anything.

"Has your uncle known about me being here?" Wuxian asked.

"Not yet, I have been trying to find a good time to tell him," Xichen said.

Wuxian sighed, "would he listen if I tell him what happened to me? Why I did what I did? Even if he doesn't like me all that much?"

"He will listen," Xichen said.

"The three of us can go to him," Wangji suggested.

Wuxian sighed, "it might be best to just go now."

Xichen and Wangji agreed, "alight."

"Just so you know, if he doesn't accept me, I am going to Baoshan's. I want to be accepted somewhere and she is not going to let me be alone," Wuxian said as they left the Jingshi.

"You are not alone. I am with you, Wei Ying, as my husband, we are together now," Wangji said.

"He will come around," Xichen said.

Wuxian nodded but he was not so sure about that. Being accepted was all he ever wanted with his husband's family. If he was not, even though he and Wangji were soulmates and now Soul-Bonds, he would not make Lan Wangji choose. Wangji would follow Wei Wuxian, no doubt, but Wuxian didn't know if he could accept that. Wangji would be hurt if he had to leave his sect. Wei Wuxian was sure he was going to ruin, yet, another family.

//////////
Part 6 coming soon 🔜