15

After having that talk with Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren, Wuxian's mind eased up a bit. Wuxian noticed that Lan Qiren had come to accept him and he even gave him advice. They were both okay with the choice of him and Wangji wanting to travel after all this mess was over. They just needed to find out who did everything. The first thing they could do is to track down who cast the hundred holes curse on Jin Zixun but that was easier said than done.

Something that Wuxian also thought about was A'Yuan. He and Wangji could freely teach A'Yuan themselves or they can ask A'Yuan if he wishes to stay. Wuxian and Wangji would speak with Xichen to ask to look after him in the meantime but they wanted A'Yuan to make that decision. He may be young, but he has a right to decide whether he wants to stay and continue learning in Cloud Recesses, or leave with him and Wangji and learn while they travel. Wuxian felt it was a topic to discuss later on after they find out who framed him.

He had the Nie Sect and the Lan Sect on his side. He doesn't expect any other sect to help. He did wish for Jiang Cheng to listen to him and maybe understand the truth but he doesn't think Jiang Cheng would sit and listen.

"Lan Zhan?" Wuxian called out as he was sitting at his personal desk in the Jingshi. Wangji sat at his own desk.

"Mnn?" Wangji replied.

"I have a crazy and stupid thought but maybe it should be worth considering," Wuxian said.

"What?" Wangji asked.

"Trying to figure out a way to get Jiang Cheng to listen to me long enough so I can explain to him what really happened...he might be livid about learning about his golden core but if he knew, he might help find out who framed me...I could ask Wai Po to come with us...what is your thoughts on this?" Wuxian questioned.

Lan Wangji listened attentively. As he thought about it, as much as he hated Jiang Cheng, it would be helpful to have one more sect on their side. The Lan Sect and the Nie Sect were both supportive of Wuxian and want to clear his name. They have Baoshan Sanren as well who would do the same. The Jin sect is the largest sect now that the Wen Sect was gone. If three of the four main sects band together, it would be almost equal in numbers maybe a little bit more. The Jiang Sect was actually one of the smaller sects and the Lan Sect and Nie Sect were pretty close in size. They were a bit bigger than the Jiang sect. So if it really is the Jin sect that is behind a lot of the mess, it was best to get as much alliances as possible.

"I think if we ask Sect Leader Nie, Xiongzhang, and Baoshan to all go to Lotus Pier with us he might listen. Either that or invite them here for a meeting without the Jin Sect. I have a feeling they are involved somehow. I know Jin Guangshan would not do as far to frame you to kill his own son and nephew, but he'd probably do almost anything to your amulet," Wangji said.

"With Jin Ling, I do not think Jiang Cheng would leave Lotus Pier," Wuxian said, "even though I have my normal Wei Wuxian features back, I still have some of Chenqing's features like the eyes, white skin, and black hair. I could try to play as him but I do not think he will be fooled. With Sect Leader Nie, your brother, and Wai Po, he might listen."

"Want to go talk with Xiongzhang?" Wangji asked.Wuxian nodded and then the two walked over to the Hanshi, "Xiongzhang?"

"Wangji, A'Xian, what can I do for you?" Xichen asked.

"I had an idea but I do not know how well it would work. It might be worth trying though," Wuxian said.

Lan Xichen had them sit as he prepared tea and placed a privacy barrier over the Hanshi so they can talk about anything without others hearing or interrupting, "what did you have in mind?"

"Well, I had the idea of trying to get Jiang Cheng to sit down long enough to listen to me explain everything to him. I am okay with coming clean about the core because I am immortal now and I do not have any connection with my old core anymore. If Jiang Cheng knew he might be livid at first but maybe it is time he knew...it might also get him to listen...but Lan Zhan and I thought about having you and Sect Leader Nie there as you two are willing to help find out who framed me. Baoshan might also come if I asked her. With all of us to convince him, he might consider helping us as well. Lan Zhan and I suspect that the Jin sect is involved in this but we need proof first," Wuxian explained.

Lan Xichen nodded as he listened, "it would be smart to give it a try. I know he is a bit more stubborn to get through but if he listens, he will be of big help. It will also prove that his love as a brother to you is still there."

"I know I cannot bring the people back who lost their lives, including Jin Zixuan and Shijie, but I do feel like Jiang Cheng needs to talk with me to help him move on. He is too much like his mother though as she always had a temper," Wuxian said.

"We will try to sit down and speak with him. I will reach out to Sect Leader Nie and you could reach out to Baoshan and see if we could meet up at Lotus Pier by next week sometime," Xichen suggested.

"Alright," Wuxian said, "and here I thought this was a dumb and crazy idea as he tried to kill me."

"He technically did, as he was the final reason you let go of my hand," Wangji said.

"It won't be easy for him to kill me this time," Wuxian said, "I have strong support system."

Wangji smirked, "You do."

"Wangji will definitely go out of his way to protect you now, I hope you know that...Lan members tend to get very protective of their spouse and loved ones," Xichen said.

"I think I have figured that out a long time ago. It only took me until recently to actually realize it," Wuxian said, "it's okay though. It's nice to feel protected and stable for once. I do not normally feel that way."

"I am glad that I make you feel safe," Wangji said.

"I am happy that you are learning to start talking with us," Xichen said.

"Baoshan told me that nothing will happen or change if I do not talk about what is bothering me...Lan Zhan said the same. I guess I am still getting used to being able to rely on someone," Wuxian explained.

"Habits are hard to change but they can be worth it in the end," Xichen said.

Wuxian nodded in agreement. He was starting to learn how to open up and even depend on Wangji more. As a married couple, it was part of their relationship to help each other out. Wangji cannot help much if Wuxian does not tell him anything. So Wuxian is learning slowly to accept this change in his life.

/////////////
Part 16 coming soon 🔜