23

After a couple weeks of being in seclusion, Cangse has gained back all her strength. It turns out, she was immortal like Baoshan, but she kept it very well hidden. Cangse was never one to show off her power too much. During the next week after she came out of her seclusion, she spent with Wangji and Wuxian getting to know her son-in-law and catching up with her son.

"You have grown so much, A'Ying," she said.

Wuxian nodded, "I tried to live by the little things I remembered as a child."

"I am happy you are doing okay. The road my be bumpy but it will clear up soon," she said. She then looked at the sword beside Wuxian, "Suibian?"

Wuxian grinned, "when Uncle Jiang gave me the sword, I had thought of so many different names but I couldn't get myself to like any of them. So I told him whatever. I never expected him to give me the sword with the engravings of Suibian (Whatever), on it. It does trip up some people, especially the rigid ones."

Wangji cleared his throat and glared at him. Wuxian giggled, "come on, when we first met, you were so rigid and you were so much like your uncle."

Cangse laughed, "You two definitely match now though. It's a dynamic that works," she said and stood up, "In fact, I am going to go say hello to the old man."

Wuxian stood up, "Lan Zhan and I are needed back at Cloud Recesses anyway. His brother is probably wondering when we will return."

"You have a brother?" Cangse asked him.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded, "he is the current clan leader, Lan Xichen, Zewu Jun. He is my older brother."

"You would be surprised on how the two are fairly similar but also different," Wuxian said and turned to Baoshan, "are you come too?"

"No, you three can go. Feel free to come back any time," Baoshan said.

"I will return, A'Niang," Cangse said to her. Baoshan smiled and nodded before the three teleport out of her mountain and to Cloud Recesses, "this place has definitely changed."

"You'd be surprised, it has three thousand rules now," Wuxian said.

"What?" She asked, "when I was here, there was only a quarter of that. Maybe less."

"Well, it has changed," Wuxian said, "but I got used to them."

"Let me take you inside," Wangji said. The three then walked through the main courtyard and to the Yashi (Elegance Room). Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren were both inside having a casual conversation over a pot of tea.

"Shufu, Xiongzhang," Wangji greeted.

"Hello, Shufu, Xichen-Ge," Wuxian said, "we have a surprise for you, Uncle Qiren."

"What surprise?" He asked curiously.

Wuxian turned to the door and motioned his hand. Cangse entered the room and bowed, "Hello A'Ren, it's been a long time huh?" She said with a sly grin as she stood up straight.

Lan Qiren dropped his tea cup and it crashed down on the table. His mouth gaped open and his face turned a ghostly pale white, "Can...Cangse? Yo-You are?"

Lan Xichen saw that his uncle was ready to pass out from shock so he quickly went to him and caught him as he fell back into his chest, "Wuxian what is this about?" He asked concerned.

"This is my mother," Wuxian said happily, "sorry to cause him to pass out."

"How is she alive?" Xichen asked.

"She never died," Wuxian replied, "perhaps we can discuss it further after we deal with Shufu."

"Allow me," Cangse said. She then made a hand gesture and sent some energy over to Lan Qiren. It helped calm him and it helped him wake up.

"Xichen, I was seeing ghosts, I swore I saw Cangse," Lan Qiren said.

"That's because you did see me," Cangse said, "I am alive, I never died. My son and mother just found me a few weeks ago."

Lan Qiren was silent for a moment. Lan Xichen handed him a fresh cup of tea and had him drink it to help calm him down, "what happened to you?"

"During a night hunt with my husband, I got seriously injured and passed out but my husband...died. I woke up in a room, and I was held hostage in the Yu Clan for so many years. I dared not leave as I didn't know exactly what to do or where to go. My mother and A'Ying, with the help of Wangji, summoned my husband and they found me. I am now back home with my mother. I am alive and properly cultivating again," she explained.

"Why were you in the Yu Clan?" Xichen asked.

Cangse shook her head, "all I know is that it had something to do with Yu Ziyuan and her jealousy. She even stop my spiritual whip that is now currently known as Zidian. It used to be Silver Serpent, electric whip."

"Jiang Cheng currently has Zidian, it was discovered that A'Xian can summon Zidian," Xichen said.

"He told me," Cangse said, "a lot has happened. I just wanted to stop in to see an old friend...huh A'Ren," Cangse sat to his left and reached to tug as his beard. Lan Qiren grumbled. Wuxian had to bite his lips down to keep himself from laughing. His mother was teasing Lan Qiren and it was like seeing himself tease Wangji...Wuxian began to wonder what kind of friendship Qiren and his mother had.

"Do you despise my mother that much?" Wuxian asked.

"No, it's just been a while...her and her mischievous habits," Lan Qiren said.

"Aww, RenRen, we were sworn siblings with Changze and your brother. How could you be like this?" Cangse asked with a playful pout.

Wuxian glanced at Xichen and Wangji and mouthed RenRen?

The two shrugged but found it endearing, "Shufu, you and Cangse have some catching up to do," Xichen said as he stood up with Wuxian and Wangji, "why don't we give you two some time to chat?"

"Huh?" Lan Qiren asked but before he could say anything else, the three men were out of the room, leaving him alone with Cangse.