8

Wei Wuxian woke feeling a bit more refreshed. It was a stressful day yesterday but it ended nicely with Wangji making love with him. Wangji could have gone beast mode like he did for their wedding night but he eased back. He really kept it passionate and loving. Wuxian felt his love bleeding through their essence that blended throughout the exchange.

Wuxian noticed that he was the only one in the bed. He slowly got up and went to go clean up and get into fresh robes. After he dressed he went to the main room of the Jingshi and saw that Wangji was preparing breakfast.

"There you are," Wuxian said going up to him, "thought you left."

"Leave without you?" Wangji asked, "never."

Wuxian giggled and kissed his cheek, "since your uncle approved of me...am I officially a Lan?" He asked shyly.

Wangji smiled, "you are now Lan Ying, but you become Lan Ying the moment we made our third bow," he said.

Wuxian smiled back, "so, do I have to wear white?"

"You can wear what you feel comfortable with. We can go speak with the keeper who is in charge of robes if you want to have personal robes made," Wangji said.

"I want to be fully represented of my new home. I was never allowed to where purple robes when I was in the Jiang Sect. It was something I wished for but Madam Yu didn't want me apart of the family. She was the only reason I wasn't properly adopted into the family. I didn't even have a bell. I just got accepted here and I want to feel like I belong. I hope you understand what I am trying to say," Wuxian explained.

Wangji understands completely. He was married into the Lan Sect and he wanted to fully embrace it. He may not like some of the rules but Wuxian is willing to compromise and push that all aside. He wants to feel like he belongs.

"If you don't want me in the sect robes I understand," Wuxian said looking down.

Wangji was hurting for him. He didn't like that Wuxian was trying to push it aside. Wangji lifted Wuxian's head by his chin and held his face in his hands, "now you listen to me. I want you to be comfortable here. I would love to see you in the sect robes. This is your home now and you are fully embracing it. I could not be more happier for you. I love you so much. You belong here and you are changing the way people see things. We will talk with Xiongzhang about getting you new robes, okay. I do not want you to feel like you are not wanted here. You are more than wanted. I want you, I have you, and I am never letting you go. NEVER!"

Wuxian smiled and stepped closer to him. Wangji kissed him softly. Wuxian has felt more accepted by Lan Wangji than anyone else he has met. He knows that Wangji will literally fight against anyone who tried to hurt him. He lost him once and he isn't going to let it happen again.

Wangji pulled away from the kiss as he didn't want the food to burn. Wuxian giggled and decided to let him be. He sat down at the table close by and took out Suibian and observed the new designs. It was still his sword but it went through a change when Wuxian merged with Chenqing a while back. He wondered why his sword changed, or maybe it was to help hide his identity. He felt grateful that he could use his sword again.

Wangji was observing his husband as he finished cooking their breakfast. Thinking back, Wuxian must have missed not using his sword. He had to have missed it. He also must have hated it when he was constantly asked where his sword was. It was Wei Wuxian's concerns only so why should it matter. There are so many people who do not carry swords and they are never questioned.

Nie Huaisang for example. He doesn't use his saber, but with his brother, he isn't targeted as much. He is left alone. Is it because he was an heir and Huaisang was more privileged? He had more respect then Wei Wuxian? That shouldn't be the case. It just was not far that some can get away with it and some cannot. It is either always black or always white but never in between.

"A'Ying?" Wangji called out as he set food down in front of him.

Wuxian looked at the food then at Wangji, "did you call me A'Ying?"

"Is that okay?"

Wuxian smiled, "my parents used to call me A'Ying. Wai Po has picked up in calling me A'Ying. I am okay with you calling me A'Ying," he said.

Wangji smiled and sat down to eat as well, "my mother used to call me A'Zhan or ZhanZhan, you can do the same."

Wuxian giggled, "ZhanZhan sounds so cute."

Wangji's ears turned pink, "yeah yeah, now eat before it gets cold."

Wuxian giggled more and ate peacefully with Wangji. After eating, they cleaned up the dishes before heading out to meet up with Xichen. As the two approached the Hanshi, they saw Jin Guangyao entering the place.

"Do you have a mask?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian shook his head, "I have a talisman that can make me invisible. It has a half hour limit so I may have to add more depending on more if it lasts longer."

Wangji nodded and watched Wuxian placed the talisman on him, "how will I know where you are?"

Wuxian smirked and wrote out a talisman and tossed it to Wangji's wrist, "Binding," he said, "you will feel it there but it will appear invisible with me. I will tug at it when I move."

Wangji smirked as Wuxian activated his invisibility talisman. Wangji felt the tug and then walked into the Hanshi. He did knock first.

"Wangji," Xichen greeted and turned to Jin Guangyao.

"What is going on here?" Wangji asked.

"Jin Guangyao has some questions about Chenqing," Xichen said, "where is he."

"Grandmother," Wangji lied. He knew Baoshan was still in Cloud Recesses so he used the opportunity.

"Hanguang Jun, how are you?" Jin Guangyao asked, "I know that you have a soft spot for Wei Wuxian. So having Chenqing around must be very important."

"I am fine," Wangji answered bluntly.

"That is good to hear," Jin Guangyao said.

"Why are you asking about Chenqing?" Wangji asked.

"He merged with Wei Wuxian's body. He caused a scene at Nightless City and left with you and Zewu Jun. He could be a problem later. My father asked me to check in on him. Make sure he is not causing trouble anywhere," Jin Guangyao said.

"Chenqing has not left my side since he appeared. He will not cause harm unless provoked. Unless you forgot that is what happened to Wei Ying," Wangji said trying to hold back his anger. He then felt a hand on his back. He knew it was Wuxian trying to calm him.

"I apologize if I have offended you, Hanguang Jun," Jin Guangyao said and looked at Xichen, "perhaps we can talk more about it later."

Xichen nodded and watched him leave. He had a couple disciples escort him to the main gate. Xichen felt uncomfortable around him for the first time since Nightless City. Him asking about Chenqing was obviously something to be concerned about. He then saw Wei Wuxian appearing before him.

"I thought you said he was with Baoshan," Xichen said.

"I lied, I didn't want Jin Guangyao to know he was here," Wangji said and lifted his wrist and looked at Wuxian, "you can remove it now."

"I do not want to," Wuxian said playfully.

Wangji looked at him with a grin, "You better or I won't go easy on you later."

"Do you think that will make me remove it?" Wuxian asked.

"Do you wish to walk tomorrow?" Wangji asked. Wuxian blinked a couple times before sighing in defeat and removed the talisman. Xichen could only laugh at the exchange.

///////////
Part 9 coming soon 🔜