Prologue

Prologue

Three days have passed since Livia left the Seelie Court with the Unseelie Prince. The palace is still in turmoil, but it's more about the fae inside the palace. The once bright and joyous place seemed more like a horror manor with each passing hour.

Queen Adaria, the Seelie Queen, walks along the falls while being escorted by two faerie attendants. After hearing a long series of concerns from the other servants regarding the Seelie Prince Zhier, the Queen decided that it was finally time for her to give her son a visit. The first place that Queen Adaria visited was his room, but after seeing that he wasn't there, she can only assume that he had retreated to the one place where her son might be—the human girl's old room.

Upon her arrival, all the Queen could think of that maybe her son is already a lost cause. The room hasn't been touched since the girl left. Zhier isl ying on the girl's bed, humming a song that she used to sing when she was alone. Then Queen is mortified. She could not understand what her son might have seen on the girl for him to be drastically drawn to an ordinary human. Zhier just lied there motionlessly humming while gazing up at the ceiling.

"Zhier," Queen Adaria thought that he might be well after leaving him like that for a few days, but enough is enough. As prince and heir to their kingdom, he has a duty to fulfill. "Get up from there." Her son stopped singing, but did not even show the slightest hint of listening to her. "Zhier, did you not hear me?" She raised her voice.

Finally, the prince lets out a tired sigh. "I heard you, mother. It's not like anyone can ignore you for very long. You have a pretty annoying voice."

The Queen turns to her attendants behind her. "Leave us. I need to talk to my son alone." She enters the room, closing and locking the door behind her before addressing her son, who still doesn't seem to have any plans of getting out of bed. "Get a hold of yourself, Zhier. You're a prince!"

"A prince?" Zhier snorts. "What kind of prince was left behind by his princess just to run off with a villain? Oh wait. Perhaps I said it wrong. Maybe I was the villain this whole time. Afterall, this isn't the real Seelie Court, right, mother?" Zhier starts to hum again.

The Queen bites the bottom of her lips. She knew that telling Zhier the truth about Klovis's whereabouts was a mistake. But what was she supposed to do? Her son was so obsessed with finding Prince Klovis that he even brought a human with him that has the potential to find the location of the real Seelie Prince.

"No, you are, and will be the Seelie Prince." She presses on. "Stop acting like some broken hearted child!"

"Broken hearted? Hmm. I guess you could say that, but mother," Zhier finally gets up into a sitting position and turns to face his mother. The Queen is baffled when she sees the psychotic smile her son is wearing. "When I thought about how Livia left, I didn't just feel broken here," He points to his heart. "But here as well." He points to his head, laughing, before falling back on the bed. "Ah, I just want to wring her neck for betraying me. She's better off dead in my arms than with someone else."

Zhier is losing it. Queen Adaria knows that if she does nothing, her son will succumb to insanity, and there will be nothing that will bring him back. She has to act fast and find a way for her son to cooperate. The mirror was stolen, and since she, Faragon, and her son are the only ones who knew about the secret, she needs all the help she can get.

"You're wrong, son. The girl did not leave at her own accord." Queen Adaria figured that if she is ever going to convince Zhier to move, she had to use whatever she could. In this case, she is going to use the human girl to her advantage to make Zhier move. As she expected, Zhier moved a bit, so he is looking at his mother while lying down. "The scornful Unseelie Prince who took her from you." Fairies can't lie, but depending on how they use their words, there's bound to be some sort of misunderstanding.

"You're saying that she's under a spell?"

"She's marked by Prince Klovis. What do you think the mark is for?" If there's one good thing about her son, it's that he believes what he wants to believe and hears what he wants to hear. Considering his obsession with humans, it is unavoidable that he would assume whatever is in his favor.

"I see." Zhier gets up in a daze. A creepy smile latches on the corner of his lips as he chuckles. "Of course. That would explain why she is so attached to that good for nothing prince."

"The Prince has the mirror along with your human. If we want them back, we have to work together. Do you understand me, Zhier?"

Zhier barely gives his mother a glance when he waves a hand at her dismissively. "They can have the mirror for all I care. I just want Livia."

"Without the mirror, they could set things up the way that they're supposed to be! If you bring the girl back, do you want her to live in such a scary place? Humans view Unseelies like monsters. Do you want her to regard you as one?"

The Seelie Prince sneers, gritting his teeth. Day by day, Queen Adaria is having trouble figuring out what's running in her son's head. There are times when she's even afraid to find out what her son is thinking.

"Fine." Zhier finally says. "As long as I can have Livia by my side safe and sound, I'll even warp the realm to make it safe for her to call it home." 

*~*~*~END OF PROLOGUE~*~*~*

YEAH...Zhier going delulu here... and (ehem!)

Chapter 1 will be uploaded on June 2023! This is an early upload to show my gratitude for supporting the story so far and to give you guys something to look forward to!❤️

Be sure to follow and add the story to the library to get more updates!