Chapter Eighty - Warning Signs

(Notes : Hey! I'm back! Thank you so much for all the love and support and patience as I stepped away for a while. I love this story so much and I'm excited to get back into it. 

Also - I have a question - y'know the big time jump that happens after Rick's scene on the bridge - do I do the time jump (And suddenly Hedley is 25.) or do I keep to my timeframe (That means no RJ) ????? 

Anyways - Enjoy :3 )

When Justin's mutilated body turned up, the ex-saviours started a riot.

A guy named Jed led it. "Guess they're gonna execute every last one of us! Just like Justin!"

A woman, Regina yelled back, "Not if we have guns, too!"

The ex-saviours pushed and tried to get to the weapons by Alexandrian's and Hilltop's people pushed back.

Yelling echoed as people from both sides tried to stop their own people from getting too violent.

"Back off!"

"No!"

"They killed Justin!"

"Stop!"

"Hey! Hey! Stop this shit!" Alden yelled, getting between the two groups, "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! We're gonna find out who did this, and we're gonna make sure it never happens to us again, - all right?"

Jed scoffed, ""Us"? You're not one of us anymore."

""Us" means all of us."

Jed punched Alden, "Go shovel that horse shit to whoever killed Justin!"

Carol stepped in, a hand on her weapon.

"I thought you were supposed to be our leader."

"Enough." She said, stern and frightening. "Turn around, all of you."

"No can do, Cee. Why don't you go ahead and yank that Roscoe, pop me right here? It's better than worrying about getting it in the back."

"We don't want this." Said a girl ex-saviour.

"Hey, we just need to protect ourselves." Said another.

Daryl shouted from high ground, "No guns!"

"That 'cause you're the one took out Justin?" Said Jed.

"Nah." Said the man next to him, "My money's on garbage lady."

"Revenge for Simon's play, sure." Said another woman.

"No. It's him. Finishing what he started." Said a man.

"Hey, stop." Alden spoke, "It's gonna go too far."

"Nah. It won't." Daryl called, raising his crossbow.

"Maybe it's both of them." Jed said, "Come on." He went over to where an axe was leaning against a tree but stopped in his tracks when Hedley jumped from the tree's branches. He landed, crossbow aimed and ready when he straightened his stance, the axe behind him.

"One more step," Hedley's voice was low, "and I shoot."

The tension thickened but it was sliced when Rick came on horseback, forcing the ex-saviours back.

"Everyone back off! Right now! All right, we are not doing this. Let it go." The leader demanded, "Start the redirect. Pair off to work the grid."

The two groups went their separate ways but Hedley narrowed his eyes as Jed, his crossbow still up.