21

ⓙⓤⓢⓣ ⓒⓡⓤⓔⓛ

ⓙⓤⓢⓣ ⓒⓡⓤⓔⓛ

The relay match ended with a loss but they still made it pass the prelims. The boys will be going to regionals, that's good. At least, she won't have to win the tournament alone. Jun chuckled, knowing she would win it easily, later pulling down the cap she was wearing to cover her face once the boys were coming towards her direction. They walked passed by and Jun dragged herself to the back, finding her father standing there with a concerned face. Had he been looking after her the whole time? Jun didn't even notice.

"Junnie, are you sure you want to—"

Jun spared him a confused look. "Why are you so protective of me today? I am perfectly fine to swim." It seemed like she didn't even remember her tantrum last night, it had always been like that. Every time she had that episode, she wouldn't remember any bit of it. Perhaps, that was her self coping mechanism. But that was even more concerning, she wasn't even aware of her condition and the fact that she could lose herself to the emotions scared him greatly.

Zen Samezuka had tried to reason with her to not enter the race today but it's Jun he was talking to. She was very stubborn. So he decided to stay there and watched the race, as if he didn't just do that yesterday. Jun shook her head with a smile lingering on her lips, honestly, her father had never failed to amuse her. Although he can be a bit annoying, she sure loved that side of him. "Thank you, papa." Jun turned her head aside to avoid his eyes, knowing how his eyes would turn into hearts if he ever saw her blushing.

"Ah, my small Junnie is blushing!" Zen had lost his balance and thankfully, he had the bodyguards to catch him.

Jun rolled her eyes over his exaggeration. "Such a nuisance." She took her bags with her and headed downstairs of the arena to the locker room, however, the girl had decided to go for a smoke outside. Yes, Lucas had repeatedly scolded her to stop smoking but Jun craved for it. She wanted to feel relaxed although she was self aware of its risks. Taking out the cigarette, Jun flicked her lighter and before she could even light it up, her eyes caught a sight of a little boy walking aimlessly on the side of the road.

"Is he lost?" Jun raised an eyebrow, watching him getting a bit frightened whenever people walked passed him. She could care less about that boy, she thought but not until she saw a car driving in a very high speed. It was not even worrisome for her but it was losing control and people were already running away. One of them had bumped into the kid and he fell on the floor, not a single human dared to stop and help him. "Oh fuck!" Jun immediately sprinted to him, not once did she think of her safety. Within a second, her brain had sent impulses to her muscles to throw her bag towards the tires.

The car screeched and it's going left and right uncontrollably. Jun accelerated to run faster, just in time she managed to grab the kid by his hoodie and rolled over on the ground to avoid the car crashing into the pile of bricks nearby. Her heart was pounding so hard, she couldn't ever imagine how did the kid feel in the verge of death like that. Her hands held the little boy close to her chest protectively, eyes glaring angrily at the irresponsible driver. "You okay, kid?" She took a look at his crying face, he was undeniably scared.