03

ⓘ ⓜⓘⓢⓢ ⓨⓞⓤ

ⓘ ⓜⓘⓢⓢ ⓨⓞⓤ

"Stop following me!" Jun snapped at her father who was trying to follow her to send her off to her school. Said, it's a father's job to do that. Zen Samezuka let out a sob and pleaded her for one last time. Just let him sent her off and he won't be disturbing her anymore, after all, he never had done that since she grew up without him. "No! I'm not a little girl anymore! Just-Go to your school and do your job."

Zen stopped tugging her hands, gasping. "Is my princess wishing me a good luck? Ah, this is such a good day!" He twirled around with flowers blooming around her. Jun cringed at the pet name and nodded her carelessly, decided to let him be. He cleared his throat and fixed his tie to make it looked more decent. "Alright, if you say so, then papa will make your proud today!"

"There's nothing about you to be proud of." Jun played her playlist and started a little warming up. Every day, she would jog to her school, gently denying her father's offer to let their butler drove her there. Said, she wanted to keep her body fit.

Zen wiped the corner of his eyes. "Princess, that is so cold."

"I don't care. I'm off." The girl raised her hand to wave him and jogged to her school. Hearing footsteps beside her, she turned to her right and let out a scoff at his grinning face. She shoved his face away from her. "Don't look at me like that. I know what you are thinking."

The guy chuckled. "You know you don't have to be so cold to him, right? He's not at the fault. Just be nice to him."

"I am not cold. This is how I am."

"No. The Jun I know, is sweet and nice. She's beautiful, inside out. When she's a child, she was so cute! Nothing like you now." He trailed his eyes all over her and pressed his lips together. He shook his head.

Jun slapped his chest. "Hey, watch it."

He gave her a cheeky smile. "Well, the cute version of Jun was perfect. Calling me nii-chan with that adorable voice of hers. Always running to me if she had problems. Oh, remember that spider incident? You were so cute, screaming for your brother in the kitchen. And then, there were boys picking on you at school."

"Alright, we got it, you are a good brother." She clasped his mouth and flashed him a warning look. The guy who had same fuchsia eyes winked at her and pushed her hand away. "Euw, don't do that to me. It's gross. I am still your sweet and nice little sister, just a little bit grown-up because there's no fairy tale in this world. Things have changed."

"Yes, things have changed but you are still here, so live your life. Forgive him and just move on." He skipped ahead and put his hands behind his back. Jun smiled softly at his fading figure. He looked so young and handsome when he smiled. He looked so different than the brother she saw on the deathbed. He looked free. And he was.