05

ⓜⓨ ⓡⓔⓐⓛⓘⓣⓨ

ⓜⓨ ⓡⓔⓐⓛⓘⓣⓨ

"Could you listen to what I have to say first, Jun-senpai?! Haruka-senpai too!"

"Such a nuisance." The older girl mumbled quietly as she swam further from them, turning her head to Haru who was facing the sky. Her eyes softened once she saw him looking so soft and delicate in water. He looked calm and at ease, making her wondered what made him to like the water that much. There must be a good story behind that.

Jun wanted to ask him to get to know him more but her brain refused to let her. She just knew him for almost a month and to ask that personal question was not a good decision. The girl shook her head and continued her swimming, needing to take her mind off the reality. Earlier, she got a call from someone and her father strangely acted cold and distant about it.

No matter how persistent she was against the reality, she won't be able to escape from her life forever. Soon, she must accept it even if she didn't want too. It's weird for her to suddenly live her normal life after that tragic happened. She had lost the will to live without him. Jun wasn't the one who kept all to herself before but after he left her, she learned to shut herself, hoping it wouldn't cause her another heartbreak.

She wiped her face and looked ahead to watch Rei swam for the first time, technically it was his second time. His form was good and just when they thought he did great, he sank. Like a rock. Makoto and Nagisa offered to teach him and Jun heard Kou asked Haru the reason he swam. She did notice a longing look on his face when the younger girl asked him. Then, he said, he didn't have a reason.

Jun took the time to think to herself. Why did she swim? Her brother loved to swim because he liked the way the water gently welcomed him. It calmed his mind whenever he was distressed or troubled. It gave him this kind of soft sensation he won't find anywhere except in the water, completely different from her. Her brother loved the water as much as he loved her. He genuinely loved swimming.

Whilst, she used the water to escape from the real world. She will block everything once she's in there. Water was her escape route. Since she was a child, she was a loner type and Jun wasn't the type who will settle the problems right there directly because she was used to have him doing that for her and now, he's gone, she had no one to rely on. And he's not there to get her through it all. She was used to be spoiled.

"What about you, Jun-senpai? What's your dream?" Kou moved her head towards her senior, asking her about her dream, a topic they had been talking about. Her face scrunched a little when a few droplets of water splashed her on the face. Her hand was put under her chin as she was crouching to Jun's level, looking like a precious kitten. Adorable.

Jun flipped her hair and raised an eyebrow, seeing Haru was also waiting for her response though his face wasn't showing any interest but she knew he was interested. "Maybe I'll get some sleep and see it there." She snickered at her own answer and continued to run from her reality, leaving Kou whining to her and Haru staring at her back.