Episode 5 (Edited)

AN: I am so sorry for the late update.

The castle alarms were beeping madly. Coran returned the cube to its normal form and held it.

"Zarkon!" Allura gasped. "How did he find us?"

"His commanders must've radioed him from Olkarion," Keith spoke, his voice held a bit of nervousness.

"We need to wormhole. Now," Shiro spoke and then continued. "Everyone to your stations. We've go to put some distance between us and Zarkon."

Everyone ran to their stations except Lance, she vapour traveled and was already seated when the other got to theirs.

"This could be the fight of our lives," Shiro's voice was urgent when the castle was suddenly hit by an onslaught of blasts from the Galran ships above.

"That's sure a lot of fighters," Hunk spoke as the onslaught continued.

"Allura! Can you evade these fighters? We can't have them following us through the wormhole," Shiro asked.

"I can try," her reply was swift and the castle boosters were soon flying them away from the Galran fighters, the particle barrier also rose as they flew.

"Keith, Lance, let's lay down some covering fire," Shiro ordered and the duo complied.

A red disk, blue disk, and black disk flew from the castle and started shooting back at the fighters. The respective paladins for each colour were piloting their disks from their stations.

Shiro span in a circle and took down multiple fighters.

"Lance, behind you!"

Lance turned but Keith was already there and fired at the Galra fighters. Lance rolled her eyes and carried on firing, choosing not to lecture Keith on leaving his sector he needed to protect.

Lance put it to the back of her mind, saying she would talk to him about it later.

"Hunk, how are the defenses holding?" Shiro asked Hunk.

Hunk rubbed his eyes and looked at his control panel tiredly. "I don't know. Ten percent? Fifteen maybe,. Everything's a blur. I've been up too long, I have tired eyes."

'Ugh, me too, after the whole cube battle, I could barely open my eyes.' Yellow agreed with Hunk.

"I know we just came off an intense battle but we go to stay focus. Just until we jump," Shiro answers Hunk as the castle blasts forward in a burst of speed.

"And when is that?!" Keith shouted.

"They're still too close. We need to gain more speed!" Coran shouts from his station on the control bridge.

"I've got an idea! Hold on!" Allura shouts and the ship lurches downwards.

"Allura, what're you doing?!" Pidge screams.

"I'm going to use this moon's gravity to gain speed to put some distance between us and Zarkon!" Allura replies.

As the castle gains more speed, the occupants of the room make varying groans of surprise.

"We're clear to wormhole!" Coran shouts over his shoulder at the princess.

Allura closes her eyes and focuses. She glows blue and then a wormhole appears.

The castle flies through and the fighters just miss getting through.

Allura was sweating as she leaned forward on the control columns for her platform.