Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Coming Clean

I came to consciousness slowly, my mind already awake, but my body too sluggish to really move. I took deep breaths as I tried to get my stiff and sore muscles to cooperate with my mind.

Gradually I took in everything around me, the smell of flowers and fried bacon, the feeling of soft silk against me, of a small hand holding mine and the sound of soft breathing next to me. It took me less than a second to realize I wasn't at home with my dad, that I wasn't in my own bed, this one being way too soft and oh so comfortable.

Then the nomads flashed through my mind and I opened my eyes.

I looked at Alice, her smile soft and warm, and behind her, in a plush chair, Jasper sat, the book he had been reading resting in his lap as he also watched me with a smile.

I gripped her hand and sighed. They either now knew that I know what they are or they think they should explain now. I couldn't really think about that right now, my whole body slumped in complete relief.

No-one died, the Cullen's were all safe now, and my dad was safe and the nomads, including Victoria, were dead so she couldn't create her new-born army next year. Not that I really think that would have happened anyway.

I sat up, Alice quickly adjusting my pillows so I was comfortable, never letting go of my hand.

I smiled at her in thanks. "Is everyone alright?"

Jasper smiled even wider and Alice giggled next to me moving fast she was sitting next to me leaning over into my lap. "Everything is going to be great from now on Isabel."

Her voice was a purr as she said my name and my face immediately flushed, and then she leaned forward her lips meeting mine in a soft and chaste kiss. Her lips pressed a little firmer against mine and then her smooth tongue licked my bottom lip making me gasp.

She pulled away smiling. I touched my lip, and then startled I realised that Jasper was here too, he'd seen, but when I looked towards the chair he was gone.

I had a second to think before a cold hand gripped my chin and pulled my head in the opposite direction. Jasper was sitting on the other side of me his eyes black as he stared at me and then he kissed me too.

His lips weren't as soft as Alice's and his kiss was firmer more dominant and I just surrendered as he pushed his tongue passed my lips and somehow, I could taste both him and Alice as he licked around my mouth.

When he finally let me go, I didn't know what to do or even say. Before anyone could break the ice so to speak a loud crash sounded from downstairs and I felt the house shake for a brief second.

Automatically I held onto Jasper and tightened my hand around Alice's. "What was that? Did one of them survive?"

All the relief from before was replaced by panic, I had thought I'd killed Victoria, but maybe she survived.

Jasper picked me up and placed me in his lap with my back to his chest while Alice straddled my right leg. "No, my lovely, all three of them are gone."

I felt myself relax, although it might have been the small trickle of calm, I felt Jasper feed into my body. I leaned back, keeping hold of Alice's hand.

And then I was up again, because in my lusty haze I'd forgotten. "Rosalie, is she alright, those cracks, did she heal?"

Jasper chuckled, the motion jostling me a bit. "She's alright, darling, she actually wants to thank you, she's been helping Esme, our mother, in the kitchen making you some breakfast."