Chapter 6

Hey guys, sorry to keep you waiting, real life has been kicking my butt

Also, just wanted you to know this won't be an Edward/Bella pairing, feel free to suggest anyone for Isabella, female or male.

Chapter 6

Jalice

The weekend with the wolves turned out to be the best weekend so far in my entire life. After spending all day Sunday with Leah, crying, laughing and just simply hanging out, I had found another purpose, another special person that I would protect with my life.

Leah was amazing, she was funny and a tiny bit sadistic, but I already loved her just like I did my dad. While we mostly grieved her lost love, I felt closer to her than anyone else in my life. Obviously it was because she knew everything about me, even my past.

Too soon, dad and I left La Push, heading home. The rest of the day was spent cooking. We gutted the fish and prepared everything together, and surprisingly for someone who couldn't cook anything, dad made the most delicious fish ever.

After dinner I trained my shield. I was happy that I could hold it for a few minutes longer than before. My energy draining less the more I used it. It was almost midnight when she called. I sprinted downstairs to answer the house phone before dad could wake.

It was Leah, she was crying so hard. We spent an hour on the phone together with me comforting her and promising her of her future. It was almost two when I got to bed and before I knew it, it was morning already.

Dad was making pancakes when I got downstairs and for a minute I just watched him with a frown.

"Morning, Bells. You hungry?" he wore the biggest smile ever and I simply nodded my head.

"Cooking are we, dad?" I gathered some plates for us and poured some juice as well.

"Sue wrote down her pancake recipe with detailed instructions and I'm happy to tell you that they are perfect!"

With a triumphant grin, he stacked the hot pancakes onto our plates. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips before I jammed a whole pancake into my mouth.

I groaned, because well, yes, they were indeed perfect. After chewing and swallowing I sprinted to my room to grab my camera. When it was set up, I sat back down next to my dad and stuffed another pancake into my mouth, smiling to the camera as it took the picture.

My dad laughed and shook his head. "One for the mantle, then, Bells?"

After breakfast was done, dad dropped me off at school and then left for work. The day progressed like normal and I found myself settling into the routine naturally.

I didn't miss the looks the Cullen's were giving me either. Rosalie didn't even try to hide her displeasure at all.

When lunch rolled by I made my way to the library and took my regular seat in the back. Instead of reading, as usual, I instead decided to do some of my homework for the day.

Halfway through someone sat down in the chair opposite me, and when I looked up curious golden eyes were watching me.

Jasper smiled when he saw he had my attention and held out a box for me. "Hello, Isabella, I'm Jasper."

I took the box from him as he continued. "Alice asked that I give you this. She'd like to be able to get a hold of you without having to go through your father."

When I opened the box a shiny new phone glinted up at me, without hesitation I took it out and examined it. "So she bought me a cell phone?"

Jasper chuckled. "Yes, Alice is rather strange, but all our numbers are already programmed into the device."

I switched it on and scrolled through the phone, nodding my head as Jasper explained everything to me, he was shocked when he realized I had no idea how to use a cell phone, but patiently taught me.

When the bell for lunch rang, I was too comfortable to even want to leave. Jasper walked me to my class, where we met up with Alice.

"Hey, Alice." I smiled as I approached her and then to her shock and pretty much everyone around us, I hugged her.

"Thank you, Alice, for the phone. I'll use it well!"

I spent the rest of the week ignoring Edward's looks every time I or someone mentioned my friends down at La Push. I had already made plans to hang out with Leah again this weekend and when Edward found out he had tried to not so subtly get me to cancel.

He was acting just like in the books, but I really didn't want anything romantically to do with him at all.

Since my dad had to work, I spent Saturday morning walking around Forks, even though it didn't have all that many attractions, there were still some cute stores selling interesting knick-knacks.

I wandered around a bit and then sat down at the diner for some lunch to wait for my dad. I played with two leather bands that I had conjured during the week while I waited for my food.

I made them after Jasper had given me the phone, his powers weighed on my conscience. He was the most affected by everyone's thirst and it was incredibly stupid that none of them had figured out that it was his gift that made it difficult for him. Not only did he feel his own thirst, but he felt his whole coven's.

She had conjured the black leather bracelet especially to dampen the thirst he felt through his gift from others, if he wore it he'd know when others were hungry, but he wouldn't feel it, he'd only ever feel his own thirst.

After I conjured Jasper's band I made one for Alice. It was thinner and lighter than the one I conjured for Jasper, and it had the opposite effect. Where his dampened certain things, Alice's band would heighten her gift; I had no idea to know how it would work unless I asked her, but for now, I'd have to stay ignorant.

I was still looking for an opportunity to give the bands to them, and even then they might not want to wear them. I know Alice was very much into fashion and these might not be her style.

I sighed as the waitress delivered my burger and chips. I could worry about it later.

An hour and one 'I'm gonna be late' text from my dad later, and I found myself walking back home.

As the two-story house came into my view a very familiar Volvo caught my attention. The pixie almost dancing down the steps came next.

"Isabella!" the next moment I had my arms full of pixie and couldn't help the laugh that escaped me.

"Alice, what are you doing here?"

She smiled but kept her arm around me. "I wanted to catch you before you left for La Push."

I saw worry flicker through her golden eyes and Jasper suddenly came up behind her, wrapping his arm around her in silent support.

I felt kinda bad; they were just worried about me hanging out with the wolves. But how do they even know there are any wolves unless Alice's visions blacked out.

I thumbed my bracelet with a frown. She wasn't supposed to be able to see me, maybe she had some loophole. I took a breath; I couldn't exactly ask her about it.

Smiling I took off the two leather bands and handed them to their owners. "These are for you two, I, uhm, made them. I hope you'll wear them."

Alice eagerly took hers and immediately tied it onto her wrist. "I love it!" she tied Jasper's around his wrist as well and then turned to give me another hug. "Thank you! You didn't have to, though."

I just shrugged, "I wanted to thank you for the cell phone. So what did you guys need?"

Alice jumped up and down. "I wanted to invite you to go shopping next weekend. Just you and me, we can head down to Seattle for the weekend, my treat. What do you say?"

I looked at her hopeful face, her golden eyes almost gleaming and laughed. "Sure Alice, I'd love to!"