Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The Talk

I followed my two mates back to their bedroom, realistically I knew even if we were alone and the door was closed, the rest of the family would still be able to hear our conversation.

I honestly couldn't quite care, this was a big topic, and it had everything to do with them too, unless Alice and Jasper chose to leave with me to turn me.

If they wanted that, of course.

A wave of anxiety hit me straight out of nowhere, the very idea that they wouldn't want me with them forever hurt so much. Jasper took my hand in his, and his smile stilled my heart if only for now.

We made ourselves comfortable, this time on the lounge suite by a window, the view was amazing, and I took a few seconds to stare at the small path leading through the trees to a small body of water that I could see a bit of even from here.

I felt Alice pull me down and I took a seat next to her on the sofa. They watched me for a few seconds before Jasper started talking, I was surprised, though I shouldn't have been, in the books he was quiet, but then again Edward was that Bella's main focus.

"Darling, we love you and we'd never take your choices away from you, but I myself want you to be turned, if not only to be able to keep you forever, but to allow us to become intimate one day."

I felt my cheeks warm and something settle in my belly, just the thought of Jasper like that. A part of me was insecure, even though I was in mind twenty-four; I'd never been intimate with anyone. Hell, Alice had been my first kiss, never mind sex.

Alice perked up next to me, her hand lying on top of mine. "I also want you forever. If you ask, I'd change you right now."

Elation filled me, and I saw Jasper's lips twitch. At least they'd let me choose, and they wouldn't fight me when I did ask for the change, because even though I'd just started living in this new life, I wanted them forever.

"Thank you. But before we get there, there are things we need to talk about."

I knew that this would be the ultimate deciding factor, because I would tell them everything, even if we decided not to share some details with the rest of the family. Alice and Jasper would know everything.

Alice stiffened next to me and before I could register Jasper was gone. Wide eyed I turned to look into Alice's clear eyes. "He just went to talk to the others, when he gets back, we'll have complete privacy for this talk."

I saw confusion in her eyes, seems like even though she saw the conversation, she didn't know what to make of it.

Once Jasper joined us again, he sat beside me, pulling me onto his lap, Alice still holding my hand.

"This is hard to explain, since I don't really know what happened myself, but the simple version is that when I died at the age of twenty-four, I woke up in the airport on my way to Forks.

My mother died giving birth to me, so I was adopted, but since I'd always had my powers, those people abandoned me, I was six and can't quite remember them or the years I spent with them."

Arms tightened around me and Alice squeezed my hand softly. "I spent my life living on the streets and then later in a public library, with my power it wasn't a hard life.

I was very much a loner; I kept to myself and concentrated on amassing knowledge. Later on, a girl named Marianna Hems started hanging out with me in the library, I think we might have been friends, but it was a new thing for me, still is actually."

I wondered how to explain the books but decided that if they read them themselves, they'd have all the details they needed. I conjured the four books, setting them on the coffee table in front of us.

"She'd been obsessed with these books and using them as a guideline she started dating a horrible man who abused her. The last thing I remember from then was saving her from him, and in the process, he stabbed me."

Jasper growled and both their eyes were pitch black, I couldn't help but smile.

"That's when I came to in the airport. As I understand, I travelled to a completely new universe from my own, because in my universe, you and everyone in Forks were characters from these books." I put my hand on the books, taking Twilight and holding it out to Alice.

"It's best if you two read them, and I'd keep them away from Edward, since the books mainly center around him and his 'Bella', which I am not!"

Alice slowly took hold of the book, I covered her hand with mine, my eyes glistening, "They also hold the information you want, Alice, they cover your past. In fact, they go into detail about all the Cullen's histories."

Alice immediately started reading once she heard that, meanwhile Jasper turned me towards him, tucking my head into the crook of his neck. "You already know about my past, darling, about what I've done?"

His voice was a quiver and I squeezed him tightly, "Yes, and there is nothing there to be ashamed of, we all can only make the best of the circumstances we find ourselves in, what matters is what we do from now on."

I looked up and kissed him, making sure he could feel all the love I felt for him and Alice.

"There is something else as well, I've never thought of having children, but a vampire can procreate. Only the males and only with human woman. The last book goes into detail about it."

Jasper stared open-mouthed and smiling I tucked myself back into him. The next hour we spent in silence, once Alice was done with Twilight, she handed it to Jasper a sharp and angry look in her eyes.

They read the books, their vampire abilities fast tracking the process. I simply sat snuggled into Jasper, while Alice kept her hand in mine, content in their silent presence.

I knew that it wouldn't always be this amazing; we were up for a few fights, hopefully not when I had a talk with Leah, but Edward was a definite for sure.

--

The first thing I did when I got home was call Leah, she was surprisingly ecstatic and I felt immense relief that my first friend wouldn't turn her back on me. She also let me know that Jared, Paul and Embry had already shifted and she had told the elders to shove it and now she was helping the wolves who hadn't shifted yet get ready for what was to come.

As March turned to April, I found myself getting closer to the Cullen's, Emmett took every opportunity to lift me up into a tempered bear hug and Rosalie took time to talk with me about cars and show me her work on them, I had a fundamental understanding of mechanisms and engineering and seeing Rose working on her cars was incredibly fascinating to me, I even got to help sometimes.

Esme and Carlisle were different, we had talked a few times and they were nice but Carlisle's views were unsettling as he had more than once bemoaned his existence and immortal life and in the same breath justified the turning of four practical strangers. Esme seemed to simply go along with everything her mate did and thought.

I didn't really feel like I'd ever be close to them, their personalities were too pretentious and seemed put on for the humans they surrounded themselves with.

Edward was a whole different matter and really sometimes scared the shit out of me. I'd notice him out of the corner of my eye, just watching me and recently he had a gleam in those black eyes.

I kept close to my mates, even going so far as to beg them to stay in my room while I slept. I knew I could easily put Edward in his place, but I just didn't want to have to use my powers to live a peaceful life with my mates.

It all came to a head when May came around. Alice and Jasper had gone hunting, leaving me with my dad at home. It happened so fast, one second, we were enjoying a baseball game and the next Edward was standing over an unconscious Charlie, blood on his mouth and a sinister look in his eyes.

His red eyes.