Chapter 7

Hey guys!!

Hope you're all safe and healthy! I've decided to pair Isabella with both Alice and Jasper. Sorry for those who don't like femslash, but it seems this is that kinda story now.

Chapter 7

Alpha

I spent the rest of my day smiling and happy, waiting for my dad. When he finally came home, I was all ready to go and we drove down to La Push.

He dropped me off at Jacob's house, where I'd be meeting Leah. We were going to be hanging out with Jake, helping him with his car. Apparently, Leah was also into cars and was hoping that helping Jake would take her mind off Sam and Emily.

Emily was still coming to visit in a month's time and after a lengthy talk and a lot of crying, Leah decided that she wouldn't stand in Sam's way of happiness.

Sam still seemed too pissed for my liking, but he agreed that if Emily is what his wolf wanted, he would give it a chance.

I hugged my dad and told him to stay safe. The nomads were already in town and had already killed one of Charlie's friends. I tried not to think too much about it, but I still felt somewhat guilty for not trying to stop them before they kill more people.

Leah met me outside and after leaving my bag in her car we met up with Jake. Leah had me conjure a part for the car that they would be installing today. I had no idea what it was or what it did, but she showed me a picture and gave me a name so I could conjure a working piece.

It was almost ten that night when Sam showed up, followed by a text from Alice asking me if I was still okay and how I was doing.

My suspicions were growing more as I thought of ways that she could get around my bracelet. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't catch the train of conversation going on around me until it reached a violent turn.

"Shut your mouth, Sam! Just because you were the first doesn't mean you get to dictate our decisions."

Leah's shouting brought me out of my trance, and I noticed them standing arguing. Billy was in the doorway to the garage and Jake was nowhere to be seen.

Billy watched me with suspicion and pieces started to fall into place.

"But it's exactly what it means, Leah. I am the Alpha; I decide the path for our pack to keep our tribe safe and I have decided that the Cullen's are dangerous! They did this to me, Leah, they're the reason we can't be together! How can you just accept the word from an outsider?"

I stood ready to intervene, but Leah just held out her hand for me to wait. "You're wrong Sam, you've been talking to the Elders, right."

Leah had come to the same conclusion as I did, especially with Billy here as evidence.

"They are wrong. The Cullen's don't feed on humans! They never broke the treaty! If we attack them, it would be unprovoked, and they will be in their right to kill you!"

Billy chose this moment to talk. "Leah, please understand that we exist completely to kill vampires. No matter how they live now, all of them have taken a human life and should be killed."

I snorted and crossed my arms. "Who exactly made you god, that you think you can judge and condemn others?"

As I spoke, I saw Sam starting to shake. "Shut your mouth, outsider, you have no right to be here or even know about us!"

Billy noticed Sam's condition as well and motioned him outside, leaving me and Leah alone in the garage.

"Isabella, we have to do something! They're stuck in their ridiculous notions of right and wrong! You have to command me to shift, I could challenge Sam, make him submit. I can become Alpha!"

I turned to her, "I don't know if I can do that Lee, it might not work, and you might not win against him."

Leah sighed and started to nod but stopped and turned to me, a big smile on her face. "It could work, no, listen. Let's head home and we'll discuss my plan."

Her plan turned out to be crazy, she had me command her to shift and it totally worked. In less than a second, a huge silver wolf was standing in front of me. Leah yipped and ran up and down, jumping and sniffing everything.

After a few minutes of playing she shifted back with an enormous smile on her face.

"That was amazing, Isabella and I felt no pain at all! Do you think knowing saved me from the pain?" she rambled on and on in excitement and I couldn't help but smile.

At least she was embracing her new self, letting go of Sam and looking to her future.

"It might just be the case. Now we need to plan out the challenge for tomorrow." She nodded and her face turned serious. This was going to be a long night.

The next morning, we got up around noon since we spent most of the night talking strategy. We ate and then Leah called Sam and asked him to meet her behind his house in the woods.

We waited twenty minutes before he arrived, a sneer on his face when he spotted me. Leah leaped in immediately.

"I, Leah Clearwater, challenge you, Sam Uley for the title of Alpha." She didn't even give him a chance to respond, she shifted and growled, her fur seemingly glowing.

Sam blanched but I could see his wolf was close to taking over. A few seconds later and he shifted too.

The wolves circled each other, Sam was working on anger alone since he never really accepted his wolf fully, while Leah had her instincts and a clear mind.

It was amazing to watch, and I found myself entranced by the fight. Sam never landed a blow, biting and nipping Leah, but not doing any real damage.

Leah was fast and spry, leaping out of the way easily, soon it escalated, and Leah found herself beneath the huge black form of Sam.

My heart sped up, and I started to panic. She might lose, that would be really bad. I silently wished for her victory, trying to push as much love and support towards her.

Her silver fur started glowing even brighter and in an instant, Leah had Sam on his back her jaw locked around his throat.

Twelve minutes later the black wolf submitted, and I could feel the shift in the air around me. Leah shifted and dressed. "I am the Alpha now and my word is the law. The Elders can't help you now Sam, they are bound by their traditions to obey me as well."

She bent down and looked him dead in the eye. "The Cullen's are off limits! You will inform me before doing anything remotely involving the tribe and my future pack mates. Understood?"

Sam whimpered and trudged deeper into the forest and out of sight.

Leah leaped into my arms then hugging me for all her worth, "Isabella! You, just, you are amazing! I felt you, in my mind, you gave me strength, you helped me win! Thank you, Isabella, you're the greatest friend ever!"