3

╭─────────╮
𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒́
╰─────────╯

"Yo, you heard about that nigga Kofi and his lil plan," one of the guys in our group started to say. Nau'Jour, aka Toosii, turned to us to hear what we had to say. All of us shrugged. I knew it had to do with the game they all decided to be apart of. All the guys were apart of it and since Robyn and I were deemed the gayest people at school who'd never fuck each other, we got dragged into it too.

The Dating Game was simple. It's like a race, seeing how many girls one guy (or girl) could bag before any of them could find out. You need to take each and every one of them on a date, separately, before the school year ends.

It's stupid as hell.

Toosii rolled his eyes when he figured no one was aware but him. "Well, you know how the main goal is to get all types of girls from our school to date us? Kofi's tryna bag all the cheer girls, especially that pretty ass captain." He licked his lips. I scrunched my face at the thought.

"You need some water for that thirst?" Rih laughed.

"Right, not too much on my friend. Onika ain't even like that." I continued to mess with the settings on my new camera as I spoke. I could feel their eyes on me. They're not about to drag me into this bullshit. "Y'all better look away 'fore something bad happens."

"C'mon man–"

"Hell nah. I'm actually in Onika's good graces because she tutors me and we're friends, I'm not taking advantage of that."

"But she likes you." Robyn added. I glared at her. She held her hands up in defense. "She does! Y'all got mad chemistry, you bag Nicki and all the other girls finna be on you."

I turned the camera off. "I don't want that. Y'all weird as hell, wanting to break these girl's hearts for a stupid lil win that won't mean shit to you five years from now. Miss me with that shit man." To think any of these idiots got common sense would make me the senseless one. They were all dumb as shit.

"Bey, what if Kofi gets with shorty and breaks her heart? What you finna do, 'cause now you know his plan and since you and her so buddy-buddy she gon' think you was part of it," Wayne spoke up. I rolled my eyes. "But it's up to you B, whatever you wanna do."

"I don't care." I sighed, knowing deep down I was lying.

"You say that now..." Rih shrugged.
___________________________________

"Hey Bey," Nicki hugged my side, smiling that gorgeous smile. I hugged her fully and smiled softly. "Wussup Nic?"

"Nothing really." She pulled away and awkwardly bit her lip. "Umm, Bey? I got a question." She picked at her pastel pink nails and glanced away.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears." I tell her, watching her face. She searched my face for a moment before opening her mouth to speak. "Do– Do you know anything about dates?"

My brows furrowed, heart beating a little fast. That's concerning, right? Nobody's heart should beat that fast.

"I... know enough." I replied cooly, trying my best no the freak out if she asks. I might scream if she asks. But like, why wouldn't she ask? We've gotten close over the course of a couple weeks. We've spent time. Maybe this is it.