11

╭─────────╮
𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡
╰─────────╯

Onika stared at her house one last time, wondering if she was making the right choice. Beyoncé took her small travel case and bag and put it in the trunk of her car before shutting it and going back for the shorter girl.

"Dove, we gotta go before they come back." She placed her hand on the small of Onika's back, finally gaining her attention. She followed her to the car, looking back once, twice, then a last time before she was in the passenger seat and curling up with her knees to her chest.

Beyoncé could feel Onika's uneasiness the entire drive to the hotel. She tried playing some music to ease the tension Onika had brought into the car but it didn't help. The jet was scared. She didn't know where to go from here. Would her parents care that she ran away? Would they try and find her?

Her brain gave her the most logical answer. No. They didn't care about her enough before, why would they care now? But, her heart hoped they would, at least this one time.

In all honesty, she could've ran away months ago, found a way to get to New York and live with her grandmother. At least then she wouldn't be completely alone or controlled by her parents.

All she wants is for them to be parents. She wanted them to treat like their pride and joy instead of a waste of space who needed to follow in her parents' footsteps, studying business in college and taking over her father's company with the help of the husband chosen for her.

She was a lap dog. Complying since the age of six to be the best student. She had high honors, volunteered all through high school just in case she needed a scholarship, she became cheer captain, she was the basic poster child. Her. Entire. Life.

Maybe it was time for something different.

╭─────────╮
𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎
╰─────────╯

While BB checked us in I looked around the lobby. It was much nicer than I thought it'd be. Like expensive, nice. I sighed, turning to her. "Bey, how much did you spend on this place?"

"You don't have to worry about that, dove. I wanted us to be comfortable, and I can afford it so it's not an issue." Beyoncé handed the clerk her ID and soon he handed her the keycards to our room.

"Are you hungry?" She asked, brushing hair from my face. I shook my head even though I hadn't really eaten today. It was like my body betrayed me though. My stomach growled not even a minute later.

Bey had given me a look but I stared at my slippers and rocked on my heels.

"Look at me, Onika." She beckoned, and as much as I loved to hear her say it I couldn't look into her eyes. I felt so lost.

"What's the room number? I need to shower." I reached for the key but she held it up and away from me.

"Baby, what's wrong? Talk to me."

"Nothing... I'm just tired. Give me the key, Beyoncé." I told her, my tone harsher than it usually was when I talk to her. I'll just find it myself and try every door if I have to. I'm annoyed, tired, and my anxiety is killing me right now. I don't want to talk, I need to calm down.