13

╭─────────╮
𝑂𝑚𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑡
╰─────────╯

The Homecoming game was the most talked about event within the walls of Oakland High. The football players rocked their numbers and the cheerleaders did the same.

The term 'school spirit' was taken seriously in this school. The students were proud to be apart of the history of this building. The school spirit was through the roof.

Onika put away her books from her previous class in her locker while Lauren talked her ear off about everything her best friend missed. She collected her calculus notebook and personal laptop and put them in her pink tote bag. When she closed her locker she jumped, startled by Beyoncé leaning on the locker next to hers.

"Bey, what did I tell you about scaring me like that?" She rolled her eyes before stepping up to her girlfriend and finding herself wrapped up in her arms.

"Not to do it... but it isn't my fault you're so jumpy. I told you to tell me if you aren't comfortable with being here." She replied. Onika sighed at the blonde's overprotective behavior, though she understood the reason for it.

Since they pulled up to the school they'd been stared at, whispered about, and questioned. Mostly about their sudden relationship and the missing persons reports their parents had sent throughout the district.

Onika, of course, was surprised her parents even cared. The whole day they blew up her phone with calls and texts asking about where she'd been and telling her that she was on punishment for running away.

It was unfortunate for them that she didn't have a bone in her body that truly cared, because she knew she wasn't going anywhere besides with her girlfriend.

"You coming to the game, right Bey? You know my girl needs some security out there." Lauren asked, patting the older girl's shoulder. The blonde nodded.

"I'll be protecting her from the sidelines. If I gotta run out there I will. These niggas been real bold with me today." Beyoncé rolled her eyes. In every class she shared with members of the football team, they mentioned being excited to see the cheerleaders tonight. That was all they talked about. The cheerleaders.

Every time she heard Onika's name come up in those conversations her fists balled. They were taunting her and it annoyed her immensely.

"Have they said anything to you? What happened?" Onika's brows furrowed, a fire in her eyes the moment they met her girlfriend's honeyed irises. "If I gotta talk to the coach I will, they'll all be sitting out of the game." She craned her neck to stare at the group of football players standing by the cafeteria door.

"It's okay, dove. You know if something happens I'ma handle it." The blonde cupped Onika's chin and turned her face to her's. "Fix that face, mama."

The jet softened up, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend as the bell rang. "Kiss me first." She said softly. Beyoncé smirked, cupping the girl's chin and kissing her lips gently. Onika smiled into the embrace, a light blush spreading across her cheeks.

She loved it so much, she didn't want to pull away but the second bell had rung and her best friend was getting impatient.

"Alright, enough of that. We gotta go, Oni." She pulled her arm and dragged her away. Onika waved goodbye to her girlfriend, smiling broadly as they walked away. Beyoncé couldn't erase the happiness from her face.