16

╭─────────╮
𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒́
╰─────────╯

"I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I just... it's been hard trying to keep myself from bringing up the fact that she chose them over her life and me," I took a pull from the blunt Rihanna rolled and exhaled soon after. "Shit like that hurts when I've done nothing but try to keep her from the life they've been pushing at her. And now her mom wants to be back in her life. I personally think it's something shady going on with that woman, but who am I to judge?"

I saw my best friend roll her eyes and the others just sat there quietly. I don't even know why I'm asking them for advice, they were all pushing for to break my girlfriend's heart for points at a game no one wants to be playing in the first place. "This is dumb, why am I even asking y'all–"

"Will you calm down? We want to help, but we don't know how." Rih finally spoke up. "Look, Beyoncé, you love this girl with your whole heart and we see that, so we've laid off on the jokes and shit, but at some point you'll need to realize that sometimes you have to let people see for themselves what they're doing to the people they love. Y'all are dependent on each other in the worst way possible."

I slumped against the ramp and took another pull.

"Exactly," Wayne adds. "She's the damsel in distress and you're the knight in shining armor. We love Nic, like a little sister, but that girl has been through shit that she needs to talk to a therapist about. You need one too, don't think we don't know why you never went back home."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You may not know now, but if Nic's mom pulls some shit out the crack of her ass that forces y'all to not be together, you're gonna regret it." Rihanna patted my shoulder and the others agreed with her, nodding. I just sat there.

"What could she possibly do?" I don't trust that lady at all.

"Well," Toosii looked at me. "By technicality, Nicki is still a minor and by law you are an adult. She can say you kidnapped her daughter and that you influenced her. I can't say it'll work, but there sure as hell is a possibility."

Frowning, I get up. "She can't do that, after the shit her and her husband put Onika through– that has to outweigh what I did, which in fact wasn't even a kidnapping. Y'all didn't see the way she was acting that day, or what happened homecoming night, her parents are fucked up."

I was not letting that happen. They can't give her back to those people.

"Like I said, Bey, it's just a possibility." Toosii shrugged.

I ignored him, grabbing my bag and putting out the roach. I don't keep those but Rih does, so I hand it to her. After telling everyone bye, I skate home. I let my choice in music take my mind away from what I've been feeling.

But, then again, I don't even know what I'm feeling.

I kick up my board, catching it and rushing over to the elevator, pressing the button to go upstairs to the apartment.

It's been two long weeks since homecoming. This here at home has been a bit tense, I can't lie. With Nicki wanting to  rebuild her relationship with her mother and me wanting to provide for the two of us, it's been difficult to communicate the way I've been wanting.