4

╭─────────╮
𝑂𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎
╰─────────╯

I sat uncomfortably in the courtyard with my team, half listening to their conversation and half taking quick glances at Kofi and the others.

It'd been two days since that night.

I couldn't help but feel used, I thought I could trust him but he just proved me wrong. So, so wrong.

I glanced down at my Chipotle order and frowned. I just lost my appetite.

After staring at my meal for all of five minutes I felt a familiar presence and leaned into that person. By their honeyed scent I sighed happily realizing that it was Beyoncé. She wrapped her arms around me and I hid my face in her neck, getting comfortable and sleepy due to last night's insomnia and the feeling of Kofi touching me still lingering in certain areas.

"You're not gonna eat?" She whispered, probably watching me play with the strings of her hoodie.

I heard murmurs so I pulled my face from her neck and quickly realized where I was. I pulled away from her fully and pushed the plate her way. "You can have it if you want, I'm not really hungry."

Bey stared, "do you wanna talk about it."

I smiled softly, shaking my head. I couldn't talk about it, I might cry. I couldn't even tell my parents unless I wanted to be reprimanded for being a 'fast ass lil girl'.

"I'm okay." I glanced away from her.

"You're not." She turned my face to look at her and I blushed at the feeling. "I'm not going to push you into telling me but, I know you're not okay. I gotta go though, so call me if you need anything." She pecked my forehead and got up. I watched as she walked over to Kofi and his friends, anticipation building up as everyone watched the tension build between them.

They talked silently about who knows what, until Kofi glanced at me with a smirk, gripping Beyoncé's arm. She reacted fast, punching him in the face once, knocking him out.

The courtyard went silent. No one knew what to do or say, heck even the administrators were too shocked to grab Bey and bring her to the office. We all just watched her walk away.

I felt eyes on me so I turned to Lauren who had smirked and turned back to her plate.
_________________________

"She likes you, real bad!" Lo threw herself down on my bed as I parted my hair and continued to straighten it. I rolled my eyes, running the flat iron over a couple strands.

"No, it's just platonic. BB and I–"

"YOU CALL HER BB?! You can't sit here and tell me that you don't like her. I'll only believe that she doesn't like you back if she doesn't give you a nickname as well."

I pause for a moment, battling myself in my mind, before sighing in defeat. "She– she calls me dove. Like a pet name, but specifically for me. I've never heard anyone call someone their dove before."

I watched in the mirror as Lauren nearly passed out from the cuteness of Beyoncé's nature towards me. "And she kisses your forehead. On top of that she punched the shit out of the guy you went on a date with. Possessive? I think yes! It's settled, I'm officially team Beynika for the win."