8

╭─────────╮
𝐵𝑒𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒́
╰─────────╯

"Rihanna, don't play with me." I frowned. I was freaking out about the message I received yesterday. The mysterious message popping up right after I'd been with Onika the entire day was messing with me. I had no clue who it came from and why I was being admitted into the stupid game.

I want out. Immediately.

Robyn shrugged, "I don't know."

"You're lying. You know that shit inside and out, tell me!" I was so close to beating her ass. She knows I will, I just have no clue whether it'd be worth it or not. "Please Robyn." I sighed.

She stared at me, biting her lip nervously before looking around the school lot to make sure no one was watching. I don't know why. She just does stupid things.

"Alright, I been waiting to tell you about it but the guys told me not to. Knowing your chivalrous attitude towards women and whatever–"

"Get to the point." I groaned.

"Okay, okay. The game we've been talking about isn't the real game at all. With the real game, you're admitted when you're caught getting a little too close with someone. You're gonna get tasks and shit but other than that, I don't know." She huffed.

My eye twitched. I'm going to murder my best friend. I was put in this game because I like Onika, wholeheartedly. I need to tell her. But how? I don't want her to know I like her like that yet. I'm enjoying us being friends and the thought of her rejecting me would tear my soul to pieces.

This shit has to end though.

"I'm sorry Bey–"

"BB!" I heard. I gazed up and saw her speeding through the parking lot to reach me. I chuckled, opening my arms for the energetic shorter girl. "Hi beautiful." I grinned while she hugged me tightly.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket but I ignored it.

"I wanted to say thank you for taking care of me when I was sick. You're the best and I really appreciate you. I hope you didn't get in trouble."

I shook my head, even though as soon as I was on my way back to Rihanna's house my dad called me. He told me to bring my ass home because my mother and siblings missed me. My parents were upset, of course, about my absence but they let me off the hook.

"You don't have to thank me anymore, babygirl. Just seeing you smile is enough to tell me I did my job."

She gushed, "well I still wanted to show my appreciation. W-would you, maybe, possibly, wanna go to homecoming with me?" She asked, nervously biting her lip. I felt my face burn.

"L-like a date?" My voice wasn't working properly, I asked her so quietly I wouldn't have been surprised if she didn't hear me.

Her face turned pink as she nodded quickly. "Y-yeah. You're my date." An innocent grin spread across her face, revealing those dimples I obsess over. I smiled back, pecking her cheek.

"I wouldn't want to go with anyone else."

Her smile got bigger as she jumped up and down on the toe of her shoes, squealing like a little girl who got the best gift in the world. I finally took in her outfit. It was so cute on her. A hot pink polo dress with fishnets that had little gems attached to it, paired with some white sneakers. She wore hair up in a ponytail, displaying that pretty face in full affect.