3.

Elizabeth (1994)

"Alright let's hear it for the boys! give the boys a hand!" Vice principal Berzonsky chuckles as he points towards the boys baseball team. The stands were packed with students, exhibiting various levels of enthusiasm you'd expect from a mandatory pep rally.

"You guys did your best.."

Elizabeth pokes her head out from behind the door to look out into the gymnasium, but all she could see was Coach Martinez and Misty standing on the edge of the court awaiting the girls arrival.

"You okay Eliza?" Jackie approaches her and rubs her back softly, "it's going to be over before you know it." Elizabeth gives her sister a soft nervous smile before lining up in the Yellow Jackets line. A pair of supportive hands squeeze her shoulders startling her slightly.

"Breath little bee" Taissa smiles before fixing Elizabeth's crooked ribbon. Letting out a small breath she nods and looks up at her taller teammate. "Wave and smile okay?"

"Now, our next act needs no introduction. So let's all just make some noise for your New Jersey State Girls' Soccer Champions!"

Music makes the small girl jump as adrenaline pumps through her body, her hands begin to shake slightly. The team begins to jog onto the court waving at the now hype crowd. Taissa's words repeat through Elizabeth's head as she waves and smiles towards the roaring crowd, although her anxiety shoots through the roof.

Looking down the line of her teammates her eyes meet a familiar soft blue ones. Van. Little did Elizabeth know there was a lot more thought behind those blue eyes then she believed — a certain memory that she held close.

Van (1994)

When Van first met Elizabeth in her English class in sophomore year. It was a random Wednesday in September and Elizabeth sat right up front in the middle row. Van noticed her immediately and admired her boldness. She took a seat in her usual seat, one row away from the very back and as class started, she noticed that Elizabeths boldness didn't stop with her seat choices.

Her hand shot up every chance it got and her analysis of the short story they were studying was so in depth and fleshed out, Van couldn't help but wonder if she had read it before. She never put two and two together that Elizabeth and Jackie were twins — yes of course they shared the same last name, but the two were complete opposites. As much as Van tried to convince herself she hated the little Taylor, she enjoys the cat and mouse game they had created over the months of their 'friendship.'

"Earth to Van!" Lottie chuckles waving her hand in front of the girls face.

"Woah be-careful with that thing you may poke someone's eyes out" Van chuckles catching Lotties waving hand before looking over the brunettes shoulder, her jaw clenches softly as she watches Elizabeth twirl her hair around her finger as she flirts with some football jock.

Following her eyes Lottie smirks before shaking her head. "You know your terrible at hiding your feelings."

"I have no idea what your talking about Lot." Van rolls her eyes adverting them from the two. "it's very mutual that we both hate each other..." She chuckles.

Lottie smirks at the red head and nods before patting her shoulder and walking back into the locker room. Van sighs dropping her smile as she turns back towards the Taylor sister one last time before heading to her locker.

Elizabeth (1994)

Elizabeth unpacks her groceries before a knock at the door startles her. Confusion begins to write all over her face. She wasn't expecting anyone.

Opening the door she smiles at the unexpected and unknown guest.

"Hello? how can i help you?"

"Hello, are you Elizabeth Taylor-Cassidy?" The woman asked as she held a note book clutched to chest.

"That would be me yes, may i ask who's asking?" Elizabeth's eyebrows raise in confusion.

The woman reaches her hands towards her offering a kind hand shake, "My name is Jessica Cruz from Star Ledger, I was wondering if i could have a few words with you concerning the 1994 Yellow Jackets plane crash."

Elizabeth swallows hard before shaking her head as she begins to close the door, "I'm sorry I don't talk to reporters — but i assume you already know that."

Jessica places her foot between the door and the door way, "But you'd rather write your story in a book and spread it to the world? You and your sisters story?"

"Don't you dare talk about my sister like you know what we went through!" Elizabeth snapped opening the door to face the woman, "You want the truth? Is that what you want?" Elizabeth opened the door to let the reporter in, pointing her to the pictures and articles that laid upon her desk.

"The plane crash — myself, my sister, my friends. We froze, starved. We watched our friends die! We scavenged and prayed for nineteen months, until they finally found us. End of story!" Elizabeth's eyes began to water. She could feel her nails dig into the palm of her hand as they shook, her heart rate high.

"Are you happy Elizabeth?" Jessica asked picking up the photo of Jackie, Elizabeth and Van, "I can't even imagine what you went through, losing your sister.. — Please Elizabeth, let me write your story."

"No— i'm not interested, it's not just my story either."

"What if I tell you the others are taking this deal."

"I would say that your lying."

Jessica smiles looking down at the 1994 team photo.

"Are you still in contact?" Jessica smirks picking up the picture of Van that stood out like a sore thumb.

"I haven't talk to them in years — I don't even know if some of them still live around here or how to find them if i wanted to.."

Elizabeth looks toward the reporter sadly and then back down at the pictures as much as she wanted to find Van, she knew she couldn't, "I-i had to move on.. I hope some of them did the same, for the better of their lives.. if you'll excuse me" She sniffles whipping a tear that had dropped onto her cheek.

"Elizabeth, this money can do you and your family justice if you let us write this story."

"Please leave"

"Miss. Taylor-Cassidy i'm asking you to give us a chance."

Elizabeth shows Jessica the door opening it for her, "I'm sorry — i just can't— either this story comes from me or no one. Goodbye Mrs. Cruz."

Elizabeth watches the reporter leave through her window as her hands continue to take lightly, tears spill from her eyes as she slides down the wall.

She will never escape this.