7.

Elizabeth (2021)

Elizabeth sighs as her weak hand shakes as she begins to cut a tomato; at this angle, the shagged scar is more than visible on her wrist. Shakely she sighs, trying her best to hold the knife.

"Woah there, tiger– put the knife down," Julia chuckles from behind the smaller girl, wrapping her arms around her. "You know to leave the cutting up to me, babe." She kisses the side of her forehead softly. "I have a meeting tonight up north, so I won't be home til tomorrow; going to stay in a hotel."

"Another one? Don't they know you have a wife?"

This was the third time Julia had a 'meeting' this week. Elizabeth was everything but stupid.

"Duty calls Elizabeth, I can't just say no. One of us needs to make the money around here.."

"That's uncalled for, Jul, and you know it.."

Elizabeth sighs, pushing Julia softly away from her before going to wash her hands.

"You know, I didn't mean it like that bab-"

"Please just stop.." She holds a shaky hand with her back toward her partner, "Just get to your meeting safely." She turns to face her.

"You sure you're okay? I'm sorry.."

"I'll just ask Taissa if she wants to get dinner. Ill see you tomorrow"

Julia walks over to her without a word as her thumb raises her chin softly to look at her.

"I love you.."

—-

"I'm sorry I texted so late, Tai –"

"Nonsense Eliza, you are always welcome here." Taissa smiles, handing her the dumplings, "Its always good to see a familiar face anyway."

"I miss everyone, Tai.."

"Have you reached out?"

"Only to you and Shauna; I can't bring myself to see anyone else.." She sighs, looking up at Tai.

" – I can't say I've reached out to anyone either.." Taissa nods, grabbing Elizabeth's hand and caressing the long scar across her wrist before chuckling. "Remember how long this took to heal, stupid stitches – That wolf never stood a chance"

Elizabeth smiles softly at the scar, "oh the things you do—"

"for the people you love?"  Taissa smiles, wiggling her eyebrow at the girl.

"I never said that.."

Jackie (1994)

"She hates me now" Jackie shakes her head as he gaze focuseas on the redhead as she shot daggers towards the two girls.

Shauna looks over her shoulder sighing before shaking her head as she pulls out some pain medication, "maybe just give her some time.."

"For the record, I was trying to save you." Jackie says coldly itching her leg.

"We just can't tell Elizabeth" Shauna nods as Jackie agrees, "You saw the way she was looking for her, if she find out she almost died becasue of us– I" Shauna shakes her head not even wanting to think about one of her teammates dying.

"That's why she doesnt need to know– Shell never know, they hate each other anyway — it was just the adrenaline when she was looking for her... we have nothing to worry about" Jackie nods.

Elizabeth (1994)

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck" Elizabeth repeated as she wandered the woods searching for her backpack, her wrist limp against her chest.