11.

Elizabeth (1994)

Elizabeth (1994)

"Guys here!" Jackie screams before slamming on the door, "Is anyone here?" she continues to slam, "Hello?"

Lottie and Elizabeth trail questionably behind, "You okay, Lots?" Elizabeth looks towards the furred-eyebrowed girl.

"I don't like this E.."

"Hello? Anybody home?" Taissa screams, walking around the perimeter of the house.

"Guys– I don't know about this.." Elizabeth shakes softly, gripping her bag tightly.

"Now you have a say again all of a sudden? Be my guest; freeze out here.." Jackie grits her teeth at her sister, still mad about her sudden confidence earlier.

The door unlocks as the Taylor sister stumbles in reviling an aged home.

Quietly the teens pile in, looking around for answers to their many questions.

"Maybe they just went on a hike?" Shaunna questioned.

"Yeah, like a decade ago," Jackie snaps.

"C'mon guys.. Look around to see if there is any food.." Taissa nods between both girls, breaking the banter, "everyone else, look around for stuff we can use.."

Elizabeth follows Jackie into the cupboard, looking for food, "This!" Jackie smirks, holding up a can of food before it slips out of her hand, falling to the floor and making the group jump.

Maggots.

"See, this is why we should have stayed by the plane!" Jackie yells in panic towards Elizabeth.

"Well, we didn't, Jackie!" Elizabeth yelled back.

'Eliza.." Van started before Elizabeth turned to glare at the girl,

"stay fucking out of this!"

"This is a fucking nightmare!" Jackie's voice breaks as she storms off out of the house.

"So we are just going to stay here?" Elizabeth looks up to Taissa as the fire warms their faces.

"It's our best option not to end up like that bear E.." Tai sighs, grabbing her hand as her thumb strokes it softly, "We are going to be okay. I got you, E.."

"Hey guys, we are–" Van walks into the room before stopping in her tracks; Elizabeth's hand rips from Tais as she stands up quickly.

"I think I need some air.." Elizabeth jolts for the door.

Van (1994)

"The wheels seem to be turning in that head of yours," Van observes, which gets a hint of a smile from Elizabeth. "There's smoke coming out of your ears. I can see it right there." She says before playfully tugging at Elizabeth's ear.

"Cut it out!" Elizabeth shakes her head, hitting Van's hand away as the redhead sits beside her on the porch, looking at the dull sky.

As she rests there, she just watches Elizabeth. She loves seeing how her eyes light up with a sense of curiosity and wonder. Things were so hard for them, for all of them, from the moment the plane crashed until now.

"Do you see anything up there? Isn't it beautiful" Elizabeth smiles, picking up the stars and constellations She is unsure if her mind is making up or if they are there?

Van's eyes still wonder at the slight glow of Elizabeth's face. But her mind couldn't help but wonder what was up between her and Tai and why she stormed off so quickly..

Maybe it just wasn't her who was it for Elizabeth.. 

Maybe it was Tai.

"It's beautiful, alright," she whispers before looking at the sky.