Jealous < Possessive

MC's POV

Mr. Malfoy was true to his word of having an early day today, he had their house elf wake me at seven.

Waking up in a foreign bed was jarring for a bit until I registered that I fell asleep on Narcissa's lap last night, I blushed at the thought, vaguely remembering Narcissa's coaxing words on getting off the couch and getting into bed. I don't remember much after that.

I walked over to the bath to get ready for the day after I had rubbed the sleep off my eyes and done my morning stretches. The clawfoot tub in the center of the room with the frosted glass letting just enough sunlight. I settled in the tub and started my bath, trying my damnest to remember last night with Narcissa.

In the midst of my drying off, I heard heels clicking toward the bathroom and Narcissa's voice echoing just outside the door.

"Darling, are you decent?" Narcissa asked.

I didn't answer, quickly wrapping myself in the dark bathrobe that hung by the vanity, not even minding my curls dripping water everywhere.

"Now I am!" I say as I swung the door open.

Narcissa smiles at me. "Good morning, darling." She noticed how my hair is still sopping wet. "Darling, if you don't dry your hair you'll catch a cold!" She walked past me and grabbed another towel and handed it to me.

"Now, dry off quickly and get dressed. I'll meet you down the hall for breakfast." She said, pointing to my hair and exiting the wing I was in.

I did as I was told, grabbing my wand to help me quickly dry my hair off with a quick drying spell, put my hair in a bun, and got dressed. I didn't know what was on the agenda for today, so I just dressed as casually as possible. A pair of ripped jeans, a white blouse that modestly showed the necklace around my neck, and a pair of boots that I remembered to pack.

I headed towards the end of the hall to where Narcissa's room should be and poked my head through the door. "Narcissa?" I call out.

It took a few seconds before I got a response. "In here darling!" Narcissa calls out.

I followed where her voice was coming from, and walked in on her pinning her hair back, exposing the lighter tone of her hair by her ears. "Well look at you!" She exclaims as she saw me enter her vanity area, smiling at me.

"You should see yourself," I reply, looking at her from her perfectly pinned hair down her black wedge heels. She's wearing regular muggle clothes similar to mine, a deep green long-sleeved blouse and black tights that hugged her in all the right places.

"Oh this old thing." She says, giving a little twirl. "I took heed to your advice before about muggle clothes and bought a few pairs when I visited muggle London."

I must be drooling or something because Narcissa had to call my name a few times before my eyes transfixed on hers again. "I-uh. Yeah, it looks great on you."

She chuckles, "I was trying to ask you if you're ready for breakfast. But it looks like your mind is somewhere else?" She smiles.

Am I doing this now? Flirting with Narcissa Malfoy? I blush. "I-I.." I stammer.

"Yes, darling?" She manages.

Our little flirty banter was interrupted by Mr. Malfoy's voice booming somewhere outside the halls, calling to Narcissa.

"That must be our cavalry. Come now, darling. Breakfast is waiting." She says as she grabs my arm and we exit her room.

Breakfast was less awkward than last night's dinner. Mr. Malfoy's attitude drastically changed with Draco around. Now he cannot stop talking about my decision-making and what we would prepare for the nuptials if I say yes.