Chapter 43: Globe

YOONGI

He's here.

It's been ten months, almost an entire year, and I had given up hope he would ever return to me. I'm glad he proved me wrong.

In Ireland, while the scenery is beautiful, there was always someone else taking up my mind, living there without the need to pay rent. No matter what I did, he was always there, and that comforted me enough to play at the local venues as I once did. I came to Ireland, and fell in love, and then found love through reuniting with my music.

Then my light came again.

Jimin is standing a few paces away, and he moves forward, not stopping until he's directly in front of me. I breathe deeply. The air between us has never felt so peaceful before. He has grown a couple of inches more, almost at eye-level. My chest aches from missing him.

"Hi," he says.

"Hi," I say.

He sticks out his hand. "I'm Park Jimin, a boy who fell madly in love with his professor and flew all the way from South Korea to profess his love and ask to be with you for the rest of my life."

My throat swells, and I place my palm in his. Goose bumps race up my arms at the contact and I glance down at where we're touching. "That's a long name."

He laughs. "Are you going to tell me yours?"

Shaking my head, I look at him. "How did you find me?"

"Oh, I had help." He steps in close, threading his fingers through mine and pulling me into him. I go willingly, almost sinking into him. "Don't you know by now that I'll go wherever you go? Sorry to say, but you're stuck with me, Min Yoongi."

I break our link and slip my arm around his waist, bringing him to me. "Is that a threat?"

His eyes flare.

"It's a promise."

My fingers move, tracing over his forehead, his nose, his cheeks. He closes his eyes, the sound of the ocean almost as loud as the beat of my heart where it pounds out of my chest. He has changed, and yet is still the same boy I fell in love with. He's my darkest secret and the light to my life; my dark angel.

"You left everything back home to be with me?" I ask.

"It was my choice," he says. "My home is here, with you. And I don't care what anyone says because it isn't their place to define what it means to-"

"I'm so fucking in love with you, Park Jimin," I cut him off.

He grins, rising on his tiptoes to press a kiss to my lips. "That's good. It'd be awkward if it was just me."

I brush the hair back from his face. "Luckily, you don't need to worry about that."

~

Crowds haven't bothered me in a long time.

In fact, I find it soothing after I rest my guitar on my lap and am able to silence a room. The locals have asked me personally to strum a little tune, and for most of them, I happily do as they want. For the most part, however, I leave the decision up to Jimin.

I never knew how much of an angelic voice he had, and on the first night I played in a pub, Jimin stole the show just by harmonizing with me. It was like destiny was putting our talents together. Soon, we were writing songs by day and performing them by night. It was nothing too spectacular; just light, easy tunes, perfect for everyone to join in.