Chapter No 1 A tragedy

Life, what really is life? If we look from the microscope of science, it is just a complex living organism but we look from the perspective of social life, it is a set of emotions, pain, joy and happiness. She was sitting silently in the passenger seat staring at nothing. She looked very quiet as if she was a sculpture.

Her Brother was driving. There was an awkward silence in them.

"I know you are upset with Amanda, but I have a reason to move here," he said.

She took a deep breath.

"I know brother, I know. You know we have a lot of memories in our previous town," she said, sadly.

"I know you miss mom. I do as well," he said.

"It was too soon for her to leave us here," she said.

He looked at her while taking a slight turn on the road.

"My dear sister, I love you, you love me and now we don't need anyone," He said while placing his hand on her head.

She was living with brother since their mother died two years ago and he took her guardianship as an elder brother. They were living happily in the old town but suddenly her brother told her that they were leaving. Leaving her mother's house was very painful for her.

She looked at the back view mirror and her reflection was looking back at her. Her long black curly hair was blowing and the hazel eyes were staring back at her.

She had put on her earphones and listened to some Norwegian songs. She could understand and speak Norwegian as her mother was from Norway.

After a while they have reached. She looked at the house they were staying in front of and took a deep breath.

"We are going to live here," he said.

"But Eric, you still have not explained it to me. Why are we moving here in this town?" she asked.

"Sister, no more questions and I know my little bunny is hungry," he said while touching her nose.

She looked at him a bit annoyed.

"I am not a 5 year old," she said. He chuckled.

"Now come on, we have to get in," he said while unbuttoning the seat belt.

She got out of the car.

This place was indeed beautiful, in the middle of mountains this town looks like a paradise.

"You liked it?" Eric asked, smiling. He knew his sister's taste.

"Eric, you did this on purpose?" she asked. He scratches his head while smiling.

She ran towards him and hugged him.

"I love this place, it's exactly like...." She was about to complete her sentence when he spoke.

"Fairytale? Like our mother used to tell?" he asked, smiling.

Her smile faded away and so does he.

"Come on, let's go in," he said and walked towards their home.

The house is big enough for both.

"Oh brother, this is wonderful, how much is it worth?" she asked, looking around.

"$430000," He said sheepishly.

"Hold on, you used all of your assets here?" she asked, a bit angry.

He took a deep breath.

"You know I had to do it, I had to protect you from who, you know. So..." he said.