Chapter No 12 The Devil within her eyes

She woke up after hearing a horn a loud beeping on the street. She sneered. “Who the hell is in the morning on the street?” she muttered and put the pillow on her face but the horn was invariably beeping making her annoyed. She throws the pillow towards the window which hit the bookshelf and a book fell. She got up and sat on the bed crossed legs and looked at the clock. It was 6 a.m.

She clenched her teeth and ran towards the window and looked down. A car was parked in front of their house and whoever it was inside was beeping the horn, continuously. She opened the window and shouts.

“Hey, are you crazy or what? What the hell are you doing in the middle of the morning?” she said and the noise stopped.

She gave a glare to the car and shuts the window.

Xavier was sitting in the car, he looked up at the window and a satisfied smile appeared on his face.

“You will leave this town soon, I am sure of it,” he muttered.

**********

She walks into the shower and turned on the tab. The cold water hit her skin and she relive rushes through her body. She did shampoo her hair and looked ahead towards the huge mirror of the shower where her whole body could be seen. She had a slim frame and an attractive figure. She touched her and something found strange. A silver hair.

“What the hell? A grey hair? How can it be? I am only 18. Am I getting older?” she almost screamed.

“How can it be?” she said but much to her horror suddenly half of her hair started turning silver. She had gone startled and took revert steps and her feet fell on the slippery surface and she lost her balance, falling. Her elbow was now injured and she moaned. She tried to get up and turned off the shower. She hissed with pain. She might be got a fracture.

“I need to go to the doctor,” she thought. “But my hair? How can they turn silver all of sudden?” she thought and looked at herself in the mirror but her hair was now back to normal, the raven color.

***********

“Have you seen?” said Liam.

“Why we are talking about her here? All I know is we should just throw that creature out of here. She is nothing just an abomination,” said Mila.

“But I am unable to understand Mila, if you hate her this much why did you just rescued her that day from Xavier at school?” asked Liam.

“I did not rescue her. I was there to ask her to stay away from us,” she said, narrowing her eyes.

Liam rolls his eyes.

“She is harmless, you guys are speaking at nothing,” said Daniel.

“Harmless? What harmless? Have you seen her last night? Her hair was all silver, her eyes were all silver, and her skin was diamond. Have you ever seen this before? We can say that in one case it is natural when any of the gods have created her,” said Mila.

“Mila, I know she is different, I know she has links with the darkest side of humans but she has nothing to do with all this. She is harmless guys,” said Daniel, annoyed.

“Where is Xavier?” Liam asked.

“I have not seen him since last night,” said Daniel.

“Daniel, why are you taking so much side of her? Is it because you got soft spoken part for those abominations?” asked Mila.

Daniel clenches his teeth, angrily. He rarely gets angry.

“Mila, enough,” said Liam.

She pressed her lips, annoyed.

Daniel’s phone beeped. He received a text from Amanda.

He got up.

“I need to go,” he said.

“To your new pet?” said Mila, smirking.

“Mila,” Liam said, annoyed.

“Mila, sometimes I wonder if you have any soft part in you?” said Daniel, annoyed, and walked off.

“Mila, you should not have said that. You are lucky Daniel is unlike ‘Others’ or else you know what he is capable of. You better shut your mouth,” said Liam, angrily.

“Liam, I don’t want that girl here. She is the reason for all this mess up. You know what her mother did. Despite all this, we have accepted her brother Eric and that’s because he is not an abomination like her but we can’t accept her,” she said, angrily.

“Oh Mila, Xavier is sorting out things,” he said.

“He is? Why did he spare this abomination in the first place? He should have killed her,” she said, angrily.

“First of all she has a name, Amanda, second, Xavier is not a killer or something,” Liam said, angrily and walked off.

************

“What happened Amanda? Why did you ask me to come so urgently?” asked Daniel.

“Daniel, something weird is happening to me,” she said, frowning.

His gaze fell on her arm. It was slightly swollen.

“What happened to your arm?” he asked, concerned.

“I fell down while showering,” she said.

“Come on, let’s take you to the doctor,” he said.

“I need to see my brother. I have not seen him for a week,” she said.

“First, let me take you to the doctor,” he said and opened the car’s door for her. She got in.

“Now relax and tell me. How did you feel?” he asked while pulling the car’s gear.

She took a deep breath.

“If I tell you, will you believe me?” she asked.

“Of course I do,” he said.

She took another deep breath.

“What is it? You seem so panicky Amanda,” he said.

“Daniel, I saw grey hair on my scalp,” she said. His expression changed for a while and he chuckled.

“Amanda, you need some vitamin B3, that good for hair,” he said.

“You are not understanding, and how come hair grows grey in a few seconds And I saw a half of the head was silver,” she said and he pushed the brakes.

There was an awkward silence in them.

“It must be a hallucination, you were almost drunk last night maybe you are getting hallucinations,” he said, smiling.

She took a deep breath and nods.