─ 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

*ೃ༄𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒

*ೃ𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒

Spring break was usually the time for people to get away from their responsibilities and find themselves in a new country if they were lucky enough to afford that luxury. Maybe in Italy sipping on cappuccinos and exploring the Colosseum or in the Bahamas soaking up the Caribbean sun and going snorkeling in the crystal-clear ocean in search of coral reefs.

This wasn't the case for Magdalena.

She was still stuck in Hawkins, bitterly having to decline her uncle's invitation to come down to New Orleans for the duration of the break just this morning. A relatively tough decision considering she wanted nothing more than to leave her town for a short while, but morally it was wrong. Magdalena just didn't feel right about leaving in the wake of a paranormal crisis. And now, the brunette's spring break activities consisted of keeping Eddie Munson's hiding place a secret and having to endure Dustin Henderson's highly opinionated mind:

"I'm sure Eddie's gonna love your generous contribution of cigarettes, Magdalena. I read they have a lot of nutritional value."

"Funny. Now get off my ass, Henderson. All of you brought food, but what is the guy gonna do in his spare time when he's not taking naps and checking for cops? Kick back and enjoy a cigarette, that's what. You're just jealous of my abstract mind, dipshit. I thought you were the smart one."

"Wow, it amazes me how immature you are."

"How am I immature? Am I not allowed to explain why I brought cigarettes with me?"

"You could've done that without calling me a dipshit, dipshit. See. The insults work both ways."

"Okay. Whatever you say, dipshit."

"Dude!"

That childish back and forth between the senior and freshman took place exactly fifteen minutes ago as the group was heading back to Lovers Lake, cramped inside of Steve's car. Lulu got to ride shotgun though. The lucky bitch. She didn't make a peep the entire ride, simply drooled at the sight of Steve sitting next to her in the driver's seat. Magdalena felt like she was on the worst road trip of her life. A literal road trip to Hell. Between Dustin's continuous sarcastic commentary, Robin's urge to play "I spy" during the car ride, and Max's occasional sigh, the brunette genuinely felt like she would have to tuck and roll out of the car at some point due to the severe migraine it caused her.

It also didn't come as a shock when Magdalena jumped from the car right as Steve was slowing down to put the vehicle into park. And now their little group comprised of Mystery Gang rejects—as Lulu had expressed yesterday—were back inside the boat house, this time about to relay some pivotal information to Eddie as the starved guy shoveled cereal into his mouth like a madman. Magdalena adjusted the canvas bag hanging from her shoulder stocked full of some curious items. Especially for a nineteen-year-old teenager who was supposed to carry around emergency lip gloss rather than matches, candles, and cigarettes.