─ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

*ೃ༄𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒

*ೃ𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒

"I told you before, Magdalena May. You really know how to give a guy a heart attack. I-I sat here—here, right in this stupid chair and that machine has been driving me insane. All I've been hearing is endless beeping and I'm so sick of it. I thought you were...I thought you weren't going to make it. You saved my ass again even though I didn't deserve it 'cause I was an idiot."

That was the heartfelt, rushed-out spiel a certain brunette received at the exact moment she gradually began opening her green eyes and attempting to get them adjusted to the blinding white hue of the room. For a split second, Magdalena believed herself to be dead. She thought she made it to Heaven even after choosing to stray far away from religion at quite an early age. The brunette thought she was the luckiest girl in the universe for making it to a place that would accept her even after her untimely death.

However, Magdalena May wasn't dead.

And she found that out soon after her eyes got used to all the bright lights inside her hospital room. The steady beeping of the monitor that was measuring her vital signs right beside the semi-uncomfortable hospital bed was also a clear hint at the fact that the people at the hospital were trying to keep her alive. The girl also became aware of the IV drip needle inserted into her forearm and the splitting headache her brain was experiencing. However, everything that happened previously was slowly coming back to the nineteen-year-old now. The way she fought off bat-like creatures from another dimension and how she sacrificed her own safety for the same guy who was sitting in a chair across from the bed she was laying down on.

The brunette lifted one hand to her face and began rubbing her eyes in order to wake herself up even more. When Magdalena lifted her hand away from her face, she found the infamous hospital band on her wrist. The girl stared at it while gnawing on her lower lip. She was dumb. She was dumber than dumb actually. Magdalena deemed herself a world-class idiot for putting her life on the line just for one person. But on the other hand, Magdalena seemed to find Eddie Munson pretty special. The opposing opinions inside of the girl's conscience were clashing simultaneously which only made her migraine worsen. But Eddie's somewhat frazzled expression gave her a reason to grin.

"I'd save your ass a thousand times if it meant keeping you around. Plus, witches have nine lives. It's common knowledge. But, more importantly, now we both know that the protection spell I put on your jacket works. The jacket also looks great on you, Munson. Should've said that sooner."

Magdalena stated whilst continuing to ogle shamelessly at the guy before her. The hoarseness in her voice was evident and all the girl wished for was a glass of water. Along with a car so she could get the fuck out of Hawkins. That need was still on her mind. Especially now that she survived the enormous gauntlet the Upside Down had given her. Magdalena felt accomplished for being able to help her gang of misfits, so to speak, but the urge to go down to Louisiana persisted. The brunette struggled to move her hand though she managed to gesture for Eddie to come towards her. And he did so without any hesitation.