Ice Skating

"Chris, I don't think I can do this" you laughed, looking down at Chris as he tied your skates.

Chris being over the top, hired the rink for you two, just so could teach you to skate. You called him ridiculous and told him that you wouldn't go, but after convincing and some kisses, you agreed.

You always wanted to learn how to skate, but you haven't been brave enough. That may sound insane, but falling on ice hurt. You slipped on ice when you were a kid and broke your arm.

Since then, you didn't skate again, but Chris managed to convince you to try. You couldn't tell if you were being dramatic or not, but you were clumsy, so what made Chris think you'd be able to do this?

"You'll be fine, babe. You can hold on to me the whole time"

"What if I break my arm again?"

"I won't let that happen"

He helped you to stand up and slowly walked you to the rink. The whole time, you gripped his arm so he couldn't leave. Just as you were getting on the ice, you stopped and Chris looked at you with a reassuring look.

"Are you warm enough?" He smiled, tucking your scarf into your jacket to stop from cold from getting in.

You nodded and smiled at him, before stepping on to the ice. Your legs slipped back and forth and Chris laughed. You couldn't stand without Chris' support and that made you embarrassed.

"Chris, don't laugh" you groaned, holding his arm tighter.

"You look like Bambi on ice" he laughed.

"Help me or I'm getting off"

Chris laughed again and helped you glide across the ice. Not once did you let go, your legs slipped a few times as you tried to keep balance but it didn't really work.

The two of you skated at a slow pace around the rink. Chris tried to speed up, making you curse at him. You asked if to slow down, but he said 'if we keep stopping, you won't learn'

Every time you got the hang of it, you end up slipping and cursing more, making Chris laugh. After a while he leads you over to the side and tells you to hold on to the rail.

"Chris, no! Do not let go, I'll fall" you demand, trying to grab him as he skated away.

"Don't worry, you'll be okay" he laughed, watching you slip back and forth before falling on to your butt.

"Are you sure?" As you sat on the ice, you watched Chris skate around.

"Stop being a show off" you sighed, as you watched him skate like a crazy person.

"I'm good at skating, babe"

"You can't be good at everything, Chris" you said, rolling your eyes.

"But I am good at everything" he laughed, earning another eye roll from you.

After helping you up, Chris lead you around the rink, teaching you the basics. Chris liked to think he was the best skater in the world.

A little while passed and you slowly managed to stop slipping. You didn't want to feed Chris' ego, but he was a good teacher. But he didn't need to know that.

Chris continued to help you skate around and convinced you to spin. Chris couldn't stop smiling the whole time, praising you at how well you're doing.

"You're doing good, babe" he praised. "But not as good as me"

"Shut it" you laughed, rolling your eyes for the hundredth time.