Trim

"Chris! Come on, I have a zoom class in an hour!" You called to your boyfriend as you stood in the kitchen, with scissors in your hand. You already put the trash bag on the floor, set a bar stool over it and cut a head hole in another bag for Chris to wear. He told you fifteen minutes ago he was ready, but how he was stalling.

"I don't understand why I need a haircut!" He ran a hand through his hair as he walked into the kitchen.

"You look like a caveman" you gestured to his long hair with the scissors.

"I don't!" He protested, despite taking the bag you held out and putting it on. "Where are the arm holes?" He asked

You formed your mouth into an 'O' shape when you realised what you forgot.

"Y/N, you didn't put any arm holes!"

You rolled your eyes. "Relax" you walked over to where he was struggling and raised the scissors. "Now, don't move unless you want to get stabbed"

"What? No! Don't cut them while I'm in here!" He protested, sticking his head through the hole.

"Chris, stop!" You pulled at the bag where his shoulders were and started to cut. "I'm cutting, stop moving!" He dropped his arms at his sides and stood still.

"This is stupid. My hair is fine"

You glared at him. "We agreed. I risked it all and trimmed my bangs because you said they looked better shorter. It's your turn"

He groaned and sat down on the stool, sliding his arms through the new holes you made.

Earlier, you filled a small spray bottle with water and found a comb that looked like the one in a video you watched. You picked up the bottle and sprayed his hair until it was soaking wet.

"I could've just taken a shower" he commented, wiping water from his eyes.

"The guy on the video said spray, so we're spraying" even though you were behind him, you know he rolled his eyes.

You combed his hair and sectioned it like you saw in the video and grabbed the scissors. "Ready?"

He sighed. "No, but you're going to do it anyway"

You flicked the back of head. "Lose the attitude or I'll fuck it up on purpose"

Chris shut his mouth and sat up straight. You smiled and got to work.

The back of his head was easy since it was in layers. You went from section to section, pulling the hair between your pointer finger and middle finger until you had half an inch of hair left. You were impressed with yourself, cutting a little more off, slightly bopping to a song you had playing in the background.

"I'm doing a great job" you said, admiring your work.

"I bet you are, babe"

You walked in front of him and put your hands on your hips. "Okay, say it like you mean it" he laughed, before motioning for you to come closer.  He held your waist and pulled you in for a kiss.

"I mean it" he said, giving you another kiss. And another.

You put your hand on his chest and pushed him away. "Let me finish or you'll look more like an idiot than you did before we started"

"Wow, those are harsh words directed at someone who's trying to love you"

"Love me later. Your girl has a job to do" you patted his cheek as he whined.

You moved to stand on his right side, to get at the section above his ear. You were thankful for his beard because you didn't have a clue how to shape sideburns.

"Are you nearly done? I'm bored"

You stepped back, examining his hair to make sure it was even. "Your hands didn't seem bored" you smirked.

"You've barely talked to me! I had to entertain myself somehow" he crossed his arms.

You laughed. "I'm nearly done. I have the top bit left" you stepped forward, pulling the top section out of the hair bobbin it was held in. He sighed under your touch. You smiled, leaning down to give him a  kiss

You stepped in between his legs and his hands immediately went to cup your butt and he rested his head on your chest.

"Chris, look up"

"Fine"

You bit your lip and tried to concentrate, ignoring his hands on you. He asked you a million questions about what you were having for dinner, what movie you'd watch tonight, with a smile on his face as he put his hand under your shirt.

"Chris, stop"

"Why? Am I distracting you?"

"Yes!"

"Good" he put his hands on my waist. "Come here and kiss me"

You sighed in mock annoyance. "Fine, but then you're going to let me finish. No distractions, okay?"

He nodded, pulling on your shirt for you to bend down. You kissed him for longer this time, but made sure to pull away before you stopped caring about his hair.

"I wasn't done" you jumped when he squeezed your waist.

"Five more minutes, okay?" He huffed, but kept his hands on your legs.

Once you were satisfied, you stepped back and smiled.

"I really did a great job" he smiled back at you, before standing up, taking the trash bag off and sending hair flying everywhere.

Chris ran his hand through his hair. "It feels good"

You waved for him to follow you as you walked down the hall towards the entryway where a mirror was. You pulled him so he stood in front of you, and you peeked behind him.

"Babe, I'm impressed. We really did a good job"

"I think you mean I did a great job" you squeezed his arm as he laughed.

"You really did" he turned around and bent his knees so he could wrap his arms around your thighs. You let out a squeal when he lifted you and you wrapped your arms around his neck. "Now" he kissed your lips. "How much time do we have until your class?"