Conversations in the Dark

You never felt more at peace

Laying in the dark in your room, with only the noise of Chase Atlantic playing in the background and cuddled up with Chris, you never felt so calm.

Life was so chaotic, with deciding to go to college or not. A big choice to make at a young age and you wished the world would pause and wait for you to breathe, before returning to its spin. Every day rushed past you. That's why you asked Chris to come over, because with him, time stopped.

He was laying next to you in bed, one arm behind his head and the other was wrapped around your body. You were half laying on top of him, with your leg pushed between both of his. You knew he was tired, but you knew he wouldn't fall asleep before you did.

"Chris?" You whispered, seeing as your parents were in the next room sleeping. The trusted and like Chris enough to let him sleep over.

"Yeah, babe?"

"When your in bed alone, what do you think about?"

"You. I think about you when I'm with you too" you laughed at his response, smushing your cheek into his chest.

"Don't be silly"

"Like in detail? Okay" He started. "I think your smile and how much it makes me happy. I think about your heart and how honoured I am to be with you. I think about all the things I want to do with you"

It was 2am and neither of you were ready to go to sleep, too deep in your thoughts to miss one moment with each other.

In the silence, you thought about how lucky you were to have someone like Chris. He was your lucky charm, your favourite person in the world. He cared for you more than anyone and you liked to think you treated him the same way.

You two were the high school couple that everyone dreamed of being. You didn't like him to begin with, knowing he had a reputation with girls, but he was quick to show you that none of it was true and he was a good guy. You were both looked up to by other couples, to the point where guys would ask Chris for advice on how to win over girls. You loved being loved by Chris.

"What would we adventure?" He asked, stroking your bare arm.

"I'd love to go apple picking"

"Okay, but think bigger"

"Uh...the moon!" You exaggerated, but you did think it would be cool to do.

"If you want to go to the moon, I'll take you there" he said and your heart melted as you kissed his chest. "Anywhere else? Maybe somewhere with gravity?"

You laughed, thinking to yourself. "I've always wanted to go to Paris. The Eiffel Tower amazes me. Imagine a picnic at night, under the Eiffel Tower, Chris? Doesn't it sound perfect?" You asked, dreaming of a life you knew was far from reach.

"If I get to be with you, then it's perfect" he said and you closed your eyes at his soft words.

"I love being in love with you, Chris" you whispered, like it was a secret only he could hear.

"Come here" he said softly, motioning for you to sit up to see him better. You propped your head up on his chest, holding yourself up by your hands.

"What?"

"Just wanted to look at my girl"

"Why? You see me everyday" you laughed, but your heart melted.

"It's never enough" he stroked your cheek and you melted into it.

"You're pretty cute too, you know?" He laughed and blushed at your attempt of a comeback; making you shake your head.

"Am I now? Cute enough for a kiss?"

"Always"