09 (§)

blood, abuse ⚠️⚠️⚠️

thirteen months ago

"Hyeri," Soonyoung said, standing at the door, and staring at her tear-stained face, too stunned to move.

Hyeri looked up, almost flinchingly, fear evident in her eyes. When she realised that it was only Soonyoung, she let out a sigh of relief, before hurriedly wiping her eyes, a feeble attempt to make it seem like she wasn't just crying. She seemed slightly surprised.

"Soonyoung," she said, voice sounding cheerful, but her face and expression gave her away, "what are you doing here?"

"Hyeri," he said again, but this time he walked towards her, voice shaking. He carefully walked around the sharp pieces, and picked her up gently, and set her down on the bed. Hyeri winced when her foot hit the bed a little too hard.

"Don't move," he said, as if Hyeri could manage to move anywhere on her own. He walked out of the room, and returned a minute later with a medical box.

"Soonyoung—" Hyeri started, when he put some disinfectant on a cotton ball, but was quickly shushed by him.

She stayed quiet, but couldn't help wincing slightly when the disinfectant-drenched piece of cotton touched her ripped skin, despite Soonyoung's extreme gentleness. He cleaned all the blood and disinfected the wound to the best of his abilities, but he could already see blood collecting near the wound once again. The cut was deep. It would definitely need stitches to heal properly.

He told the same to Hyeri, who reacted the way he had expected her to.

"No, no, no! Absolutely no way! I am not getting stitches on my feet!"

Soonyoung knew that she had a fear of getting stitches, and he understood her reaction, but he just couldn't leave Hyeri's foot alone without getting it properly treated.

"Soonyoung, I promise, if it doesn't get better in a week, you can take me to the hospital, okay? Give it a chance to get better on its own, please."

He seemingly agreed, reassuring her that he would be back in two days for an inspection of her foot.

After making sure that her wound was correctly bandaged, and that she had a proper support to walk with, Soonyoung left, unaware of the muffled sobs sounding behind him.

However, he didn't return home like he was supposed to. "She seriously cannot believe that I would simply let her go like that," he scoffed, walking down the stairs, and coming to a stop in front of a solemn looking door.

'Dr Jeong', read the nameplate.

Soonyoung rang the doorbell, sighing in relief when he heard movements from the other side of the door. It opened shortly, to reveal the pleasant face of Hyeri's neighbour who happened to be a doctor. "Dr Jeong! It's been a while! How are you?"

"Soonyoung, it's good to see you again! You've stopped visiting recently?" The doctor replied, a welcoming smile on his face.

"It's not that I didn't want to, Dr Jeong. . ."

"Please, just call me Yunho. We're certainly more than just acquaintances at this point." Yunho laughed, holding the door open for him to enter. "Come inside, make yourself comfortable."

Soonyoung hesitated, which didn't go undetected by the other. "Is there a problem, Soonyoung? Do I need to bring out my medical coat?"

Soonyoung nodded, briefly explaining how Hyeri had somehow managed to impale her foot with broken shards of glass, and refused to get stitches for it. Yunho, upon hearing this, tsked, shaking his head. He had known Hyeri for a while now, and understood Soonyoung's concern.

"Alright, let me bring up my things. I'll be there in five."

Soonyoung escorted Yunho to Hyeri's house, who was in hysterics about not letting any needle near her torn skin. She refused to listen to Soonyoung, but calmed down enough to comprehend Yunho's upbraiding and firm warnings about not neglecting her health and safety in the future.

She stayed quiet, her injured foot motionless as Yunho's large, yet skilful hands cleaned the wound and the surrounding skin.

Soonyoung saw her scrunching her eyes shut upon seeing the sanitised tools that would stitch her skin back. He sat beside her on the bed, and grabbed her hand, soothingly rubbing the knuckles to calm her down. Hyeri just glanced at his ministrations, slightly upset that he had lied to her. But she couldn't be upset for long, because she realised she was being silly.

'Of course, Soonyoung would so something like this.'

"Okay, Hyeri, are you ready?" Yunho asked, gloved hands hovering near her injury.

"No," she admitted, "but go ahead."

xx

so I kinda forgot ab the existence of this story and this app 😬
but I have been reminded ab it so I shall try my best to not be as dead as before lol

this chapter was supposed to be longer, but I realised that by the time I manage to muster motivation to complete it, it would be 2024, so here's a smaller part of it

let's hope I manage to get the other half of this by new year😭

[ April, 2022 ]