.5

TW: SH

---

A/N: This is in Yoongi's POV

---

📍Seoul, South Korea

---

As the night deepened, Taehyung and I walked hand in hand, the bustling streets of Seoul now quiet and hushed. The flickering streetlights cast long shadows that seemed to mirror the turmoil within me.

Thoughts that had been festering, clawing at the edges of my mind, now threatened to consume me entirely. The weight of my inner demons became unbearable, suffocating me with each passing moment.

We arrived at Taehyung's house, our steps slow and heavy. We'd planned a sleepover at his house, so I didn't bother calling my mom, not that she'd care.

I knew I couldn't keep up the facade any longer, pretending that everything was alright.

My heart thudded with trepidation as I stood outside the front door, struggling to find the courage to voice my pain. Taehyung glanced at me, his eyes full of concern.

"Yoongi, is something bothering you?" he asked softly, his voice laced with genuine worry.

I hesitated, my throat constricting with the weight of the words I desperately needed to say.

How could I burden Taehyung with the darkness that consumed me? But I couldn't bear to keep it hidden any longer. With a trembling voice, I finally whispered, "I... I can't keep going like this, Tae."

Tae's brows furrowed, his grip on my hand tightening. "What do you mean, Yoongi? Talk to me."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I took a deep breath, the words tumbling out with a mix of desperation and fear.

"I... I've been struggling... with thoughts... thoughts of hurting myself,"

The confession hung in the air, the weight of the words suffocating me.

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he pulled me into a tight embrace, holding me as if he could shield me from my own demons.

"Yoongi, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. You're not alone, okay? We'll get through this together."

His words, filled with genuine concern and love, shattered the walls I had built around myself.

I clung to him, my body trembling as I released the tears I had held back for far too long. In that moment, I felt a glimmer of hope, a fragile lifeline in the midst of my darkness.

Taehyung guided me to his bedroom, a space that had always been filled with warmth and comfort.

He sat me down on the edge of his bed, his gaze unwavering as he knelt in front of me, his hands gently cradling mine. "Yoongi, I want you to promise me something. Promise me that you won't face this alone. Promise me that you'll reach out for help."

His earnest plea resonated deep within me, awakening a flicker of determination. I nodded, my voice shaky yet resolute. "I promise, Taehyung. I'll reach out. I'm sorry."

With a sigh of relief, Taehyung squeezed my hands. "That's all I ask, Yoongi. We'll find the support you need, and I'll be here every step of the way, and don't apologize it's not your fault.."

The weight of my struggles didn't dissipate instantly, but knowing that Taehyung was by my side gave me a newfound strength.

He didn't let go of my hands, refusing to let me slip away into the depths of depression.

Instead, he enveloped me in a cocoon of love and understanding, offering a safe space where I could bare my soul.

As the night wore on, Taehyung and I talked, sharing our deepest fears and dreams. He listened

without judgment, providing solace with each whispered word. He reminded me of the laughter and joy we had experienced together, the countless memories we had woven into the tapestry of our friendship.

Through our conversation, I began to realize that my struggles did not define me.

I was more than the pain that threatened to swallow me whole. Taehyung's unwavering presence, his unwavering love, was a beacon of hope that shone through the darkest corners of my mind.

The night deepened, and exhaustion settled over me like a heavy blanket. Taehyung guided me to his bed, pulling the covers over us both. He wrapped his arms around me, cocooning me in his warmth, and whispered soothing words into my ear.

"You're not alone, Yoongi. We're in this together, and I won't let go. I love you, and I'll keep loving you until the darkness fades."

His words echoed in my mind, filling the hollow spaces with a glimmer of hope. The night air hummed with a gentle melody, and as Taehyung's arms tightened around me, my racing thoughts slowly quieted.

In the safety of Taehyung's embrace, I let myself drift into the peaceful oblivion of sleep. It was a sleep filled with dreams of healing, of finding the strength to overcome the battles that raged within me. And as the night cradled us in its embrace, I held onto the belief that, with Taehyung by my side, the dawn would bring a brighter tomorrow.

---

If you or someone you know is struggling with thoughts of self-harm or suicide, please reach out to a mental health professional or a helpline in your country.

In the United States, you can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). Remember, you are not alone, and help is available.

You are loved you are important and I care, I struggle with it too. ❤