.6

A/N: This is in Taehyung's POV
---

📍Seoul, South

---

I woke up to the soft rays of sunlight filtering through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the room. As I slowly opened my eyes, the weight of last night's conversation settled in my heart. Yoongi's brave confession echoed in my mind, reminding me of the pain he had been carrying alone.

We were just sixth-graders, navigating the complexities of adolescence while grappling with our own inner demons. And yet, in Yoongi, I found a love that went beyond the confines of our young age. Our hearts had intertwined in a bond that felt unbreakable, a connection that allowed us to share both our joys and our darkest struggles.

As I turned to glance at Yoongi, still sleeping peacefully beside me, a mixture of emotions swirled within me. I couldn't bear to see him in pain, but I was also grateful that he had trusted me enough to confide in me. It was a responsibility I didn't take lightly.

Gently, I brushed a strand of hair away from Yoongi's face, my heart aching at the sight of his peaceful expression marred by the traces of vulnerability. I vowed to myself that I would do everything in my power to support him, to be the light he needed in his darkest moments.

Getting out of bed, I tiptoed out of the room, careful not to disturb Yoongi's rest. In the kitchen, I prepared a simple breakfast, hoping it would bring some comfort to him. The aroma of toast filled the air as I set the table, anxiously awaiting Yoongi's awakening.

Minutes later, I heard the bedroom door creak open, and Yoongi appeared, rubbing his eyes sleepily. His gaze met mine, and I could sense a mix of emotions flickering in those dark orbs. I offered him a small smile, silently urging him to join me at the table.

"Good morning, Yoongi," I greeted softly, pouring a cup of orange juice for him. "I made some toast. I thought we could have breakfast together."

Yoongi's lips curled into a faint smile as he took a seat opposite me. He picked up a slice of toast, twirling it absentmindedly between his fingers. His voice was quiet when he finally spoke.

"Thank you, Tae. You didn't have to do all this."

I reached across the table, gently resting my hand on top of his. "I wanted to, Yoongi. I want to take care of you. We're in this together, remember?"

Yoongi nodded, his eyes searching mine for reassurance. With a deep breath, he took a bite of his toast, chewing thoughtfully. We sat in silence for a while, the weight of the previous night's conversation lingering in the air between us.

Finally, Yoongi broke the silence, his voice barely a whisper. "Tae, I don't want you to carry the burden of my pain. It's not fair to you."

I leaned closer, my voice filled with determination. "Yoongi, you're not burdening me. We're partners, remember? We promised to be there for each other no matter what. Your pain is mine too, and I won't let you face it alone."

A mixture of gratitude and vulnerability flashed across Yoongi's face. He reached for my hand, holding it tightly, as if seeking solace in our connection.

"I'm scared, Tae," he admitted, his voice trembling. "Scared of the thoughts that consume me, scared of what I might do."

I squeezed his hand, the weight of his words heavy on my

heart. "Yoongi, it's okay to be scared. What matters is that you're reaching out for help. You've taken the first step, and I'm so proud of you."

A tear slipped down Yoongi's cheek, and I instinctively wiped it away with my thumb. "I love you, Tae," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of love and vulnerability.