.7

📍Seoul, South Korea

---

The following days brought a mix of challenges and triumphs as Yoongi and Taehyung faced the world with unwavering strength. Although the cruel whispers and mocking glances continued to haunt them, they refused to let it define their worth. With every step, they grew more resilient, their bond solidifying against the storms that threatened to break them apart.

One afternoon, as they walked hand in hand through the school corridors, they noticed a group of students huddled together, their hushed voices laced with curiosity. Taehyung felt a pang of unease, sensing that something was brewing.

Curiosity got the better of him, and he steered Yoongi toward the group. As they approached, the hushed conversations abruptly ceased, and all eyes turned to them. It was as if the air had been sucked out of the room.

Taehyung's voice quivered slightly as he addressed the group. "What's going on? Why are you all huddled here?"

One of the students, a girl with a timid expression, spoke up. "We heard about what Yoongi is going through. We want to understand better, to offer support."

Taehyung's surprise mingled with relief. He hadn't expected such a response from his peers, especially considering the hurtful behavior they had witnessed earlier. It was a glimmer of hope, a sign that empathy could prevail over ignorance.

Yoongi shifted uncomfortably, his eyes darting between the group. "I...I appreciate your concern, but it's not something I can easily explain."

The girl stepped forward, her voice filled with sincerity. "Yoongi, we may not fully understand what you're going through, but we want you to know that we're here for you. If you ever need someone to talk to or lean on, we'll be there."

Taehyung watched the exchange with a mix of awe and gratitude. It was a stark reminder that people could change, that compassion and understanding could bridge the gap between ignorance and acceptance.

Yoongi's gaze shifted from the girl to Taehyung, seeking his guidance. Taehyung squeezed his hand, his voice filled with pride. "Yoongi, they're offering their support out of genuine concern. We don't have to face this alone."

Yoongi nodded slowly, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes. "Thank you...all of you. I never expected this."

The girl smiled warmly, her voice unwavering. "Yoongi, we may not know exactly what you're going through, but we believe in your strength. We're all on a journey of learning and growth, and this is an opportunity for us to support one another."

As the group dispersed, the weight of the moment settled upon Taehyung and Yoongi. It was a turning point, a glimpse of the world's capacity for change. They realized that, despite the hurtful actions of a few, there were others who were willing to extend their empathy and stand alongside them.

In the following weeks, Yoongi found solace in the newfound support that began to blossom around him. Some students approached him with genuine curiosity, seeking to educate themselves about mental health and offer their assistance. Others simply extended a smile or a kind word, silently acknowledging that Yoongi's struggles were a part of his journey, not a definition of his character.

Taehyung, too, found comfort in the knowledge that he wasn't alone in his role as Yoongi's pillar of strength. Together, they faced each day with renewed determination, using their own experiences to shed light on the complexities of mental health and the importance of empathy. They started organizing small awareness campaigns within their school, sharing informative posters and hosting discussions during lunch breaks.

Amidst their advocacy work, Yoongi and Taehyung still had to attend their regular classes, including challenging math lessons. As they sat in their 6th-grade math class the next day, their teacher, Mr. Lee, stood at the front of the room, ready to dive into a new topic.

"Good morning, class," Mr. Lee greeted with a smile. "Today, we'll be exploring the concept of algebraic expressions."

A collective groan erupted from the students, including Yoongi and Taehyung. Algebra wasn't the most exciting topic, but they knew they had to tackle it head-on.

Mr. Lee wrote an equation on the board and turned to the class. "Let's start with a simple expression. Solve for x: 2x + 5 = 13."

Yoongi squinted his eyes, deep in thought, while Taehyung scratched his head, his pencil poised over his notebook.

"Okay," Yoongi muttered. "So, to solve for x, we need to isolate it on one side of the equation."

Taehyung nodded in agreement. "Right. So, we subtract 5 from both sides."

Yoongi scribbled the steps on his paper as he explained. "That gives us 2x = 8. And now, to get x alone, we divide both sides by 2."

Taehyung eagerly chimed in. "So, x equals 4!"

Mr. Lee's eyes sparkled with satisfaction. "Great job, Yoongi and Taehyung! You both nailed it. Algebra isn't as intimidating once you break it down step by step."

Encouraged by their success, Mr. Lee assigned more problems for the class to solve independently. He handed out worksheets filled with 6th-grade math equations, covering various topics like geometry, fractions, and ratios.

Yoongi and Taehyung dove into the problems, occasionally exchanging whispers to discuss their strategies. They navigated through angle measurements, finding the least common denominator, and determining the value of unknown variables.

One particular question caught their attention:

"Jessica needs to buy three books, each priced at $12. She has a coupon that allows her to get a 20% discount on the total purchase. How much will she pay?"

Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed as he pondered the solution. "Let's see... If each book is $12, the total without the discount would be $36."

Taehyung nodded, scribbling the numbers on his paper. "Right. So, to find the discount, we calculate 20% of $36."

After a brief pause, Yoongi continued. "20% of $36 is $7.20. So, if we subtract that from the total, Jessica will pay $28.80."

Taehyung beamed, impressed by their teamwork. "Great job, Yoongi! We make a good math-solving duo."

Yoongi chuckled, a hint of pride in his voice. "Yeah, we're unstoppable when it comes to math."

As the class period drew to a close, Yoongi and Taehyung felt a sense of accomplishment. They might have faced challenges beyond the classroom, but within the realm of math, they were confident and capable.

Little did they know that their ability to solve math problems together would soon become a metaphor for their unwavering support in facing the complexities of life.

With their homework completed and a newfound appreciation for their math skills, Yoongi and Taehyung gathered their belongings and walked out of the classroom, ready to face the world with their heads held high.