Phone Call Part 2

Nathaniel: "OMG babe that's great!.......Really?.........Okay, I am so proud of you.......... I love you my little BBB........ You know I love our talks but you have to stop doing it during art class, you know I have to keep up the act or else people will know about us-".

At those last words, Marc stopped listening. His ears were ringing, he wanted to cry but couldn't risk Nathaniel hearing, he wanted to run away but couldn't let Nathaniel know he was there. He just slowly walked to the bathroom, gently shut the door behind him, and cried. Nathaniel had a girlfriend and therefore won't ever love him.

Marc just sat there for what felt like an eternity, but a while later Alix walked in and saw Marc crying against the wall.

They looked at each other for a while and then Marc said "What are you doing in the boy's room?"

"Uhh, this is the girl's room," Alix said just noticing the redness in his eyes, "oh my god are you okay?", she said, walking over to him.

Marc was now turning red from embarrassment. In his rush and shock from not wanting Nathaniel to see him, he accidentally walked into the girl's bathroom. He hasn't made that mistake since Pre-School.

"Oh...um... ya I'm fine, I just need to go *sniff* un have a good day bye!" Marc said as he dodged Alix's attempt to grab his arm.

Marc practically ran out of the school to his home and once he was in bed he started crying again, this time harder.

The next day (Saturday), Marc woke up thirsty (probably from all the crying), and went to the kitchen for some water.

While there he said to himself "That's it. He'll never be mine. He has someone else.............or does he? Maybe I just misheard what he was saying, I..I...I need proof. Ya, thats right proof. I need to find out who she is, if she really does exist, then I'll......I'll....I'll.....dang it I don't know. Maybe Marinette can help? But then she'll know I like him. Maybe she already knows? Oh I know I'll- aw DANG IT!". Marc was so caught up in his thoughts he was oblivious to the fact that water started to overflow from the cup to his arm, to the floor. He turned off the water and just stared at the puddle on the floor. Then there was a drop, another drop, another drop. Marc was crying again, but this time it was silent tears. Cleaning up the spill took longer because new puddles were forming while he was drying. Once everything was dry, he went back to his bed and before he went back to sleep, he shed one more faithful tear. Knowing his love belonged to another, but who?