Relief Part 2

Arriving at the hotel, Zoe and Marc got out together and Marc saw Zoe being nothing like her half sister. Talking to the staff instead of barking orders, smiling instead of scowling, being nice instead of not, helping people who fell down the stairs instead of pushing them down the stairs. It was then Marc realized that he had never been here before. He's seen the building and seen the inside lobby. But not actually in the hotel before. Much less inside one of the rooms. Marc was starting to feel self conscious about everything.

Zoe noticed this, "Don't worry, you'll be fine. Just try not to break anything." she said with a smile.

Marc awkwardly smiled and walked faster to be closer to Zoe.

"Oh we have to go this way" Zoe said pointing to the kitchen doors, "Chloe doesn't want to see me so I have to take the staff elevator and go through the kitchen to get to my room. Come on." she said grabbing Marcs hands, "remember don't touch anything, there's a big party tonight in one of the rooms so it's really busy".

Walking through the kitchen you can barley see whats in front of you because of all the smoke and steam coming out of...everything. You could barley hear anything because of all the orders being barked by the head chef. Marc started having trouble breathing but then Zoe said that their almost out. How big is this kitchen?! Marc thought to himself. When they got out Marc breathed a sigh of relief and followed Zoe to the elevator.

When they got in Marc asked, "You have to go through that everyday?"

"No it was just busy today because there's some galla thing happening in the party room. Chloe will be there so she wont bother you on your way out. Just go straight to the exit when you leave."

"Got it"

"Here's my room" Zoe said opening the doors.

Marcs mouth dropped to the floor. It was HUGE!

"Thi..thi...thi...thi...this is where you live?" Marc stuttered,

"Ha, ha. Yeah, Chloe thinks I'm in the staff rooms, but my stepdad has me here until I go back to New York". Zoe said sitting on the lounge couch in the middle of the room. "So what do you do beside writing?".

Marc and Zoe talked like that for hours. Just regular stuff, no drama, no tears, and smiles and conversations. Something Marc wasn't that experienced with, neither was Zoe. But they made it work. Before they knew it, the sun was going down and they remembered it was a Sunday. They had school tomorrow.

"You should probably get going" Zoe said realizing the time, "You know how Miss Mendeleiev gets when someones late".

"Yah, but unlike Marinette, I'll get there on time" Marc responded.

They both laughed and hugged before Marc left.

"Thank's Zo, this was nice" Marc said

"No problem, come back tomorrow?" Zoe asked

"Sure" Marc said then quickly saying "Oh wait I have to meet up with Nathaniel for the comic". Then paused, "You know what. If he's not there, then sure, I can comeback" Marc smiled then looked at her before heading for the elevator.

"See you tomorrow" Zoe waved

"See you tomorrow" Marc waved back.

Neither one of them was aware that Nathaniel was right around the corner listening to everything.