Friends? Who?

I looked at the confused man beside me and motioned him to a quick ‘sorry’, I unbuckled my seatbelt, opened the car door, and rushed towards the corner of the street.

Panting, with the heels just doing nothing but being a hindrance, I took them off and held them, as I ran barefoot. My heavy breathing turned to subtle misty fog around me.

I stopped my motion; holding the pole with one hand as I saw the hooded man in front of me, a frown on my forehead.

“What are you doing here?” I asked with a soft voice.

Was he that worried?

I went and pulled him by the side of his shoulder, “Cmon Yeong-gi…”

He gave a clumsy smile, “Well, it’s a coincidence, you-”

“Nol?” A voice interrupted him, which seemed to come from my back. I turned to find myself meeting the man whom I actually kinda semi-ditched.

“Huh?” A voice of surprise escaped my mouth.

Oldie looked at me and then at the neutral face of Reddie, “What are you doing here?” He said, his voice stern.

“Nothing of any sort to trouble you, relax,” Reddie said in a nonchalant manner, just on the surface. His jaw tightened, though.

Shit.

This shouldn’t be happening!

“Were you troubling others then?” Oldie said with his stern voice, “I told you to act properly.”

“Use your eyes once in a while, yeah?” He retorted back.

I gulped at the tension forming. Shit, I didn't think they both would follow me, fuck.

“I can totally see you are making Miss Kanzaki anxious,” Oldie added.

This ain’t helping, you!

“No, stop stop stop!” I hurriedly said, coming between them.

[Yeong-gi POV]

She came in between and held my arms, in defense, turning her gaze at Kousuke, who looked at her with an astonished look in his eyes.

“It’s because I asked him to well, pick me up.” She lied even though there’s a 99% chance he heard all our conversation, but still decided to defend me.

Again, I have no idea why she does things for someone like me.

All I feel is guilt.

My gaze softened at her figure, her fingers pressing against my arms.

“Miss Kanzaki, you don't have to fend for him, I-” Kousuke tried to level this conversation.

“That’s not it, see, I really did ask him to pick me up, but, I didn't think he would actually come, and moreover in such a corner of the street, you know.” She reasoned, “I was just, surprised.”

He tried to open his mouth, but let the issue aside.

‘Even the arrogant Kousuke can be shut up at times, huh?’ I chuckled in my thoughts.

She looked at me and whispered, “Did you bring your car?”

I nodded, she sighed and looked at Kousuke, and bowed to him.

“Well then, we’ll take our leave, goodnight.” She turned her gaze at him, and said, “Thank you for today!”

I wonder what they talked about…